Recommend me some modern tyres

specialized enduro rear, adrenalin front, the 2.2versions are properly massive (both in width which is actually 2.4in!) & v.deep section. If you're prone to pinch flats or live somewhere bugga rocky (like I do!) then get these :)

Woah there folks..too many choices.

Looking around the conti's or spesh enduros could be the ones I like the look of the big carcas , not too bothered about weight and both available quite cheap on ebay. The IRC's do seem to be hard to find. And the tiogas are also a possibility as well as the kendas.But sorry Russel I'm one of those peeps who find fitting bonty stuff on a spesh a bit weird :roll: I've only just got over fitting components from different continents. :oops: (a selle italia on a specialized).

Ran the Gravity's in Whistler, Moab and Wales last year.
Worked everytime on everything.

They do look small next to enduros though.

ran Gravitys before, not bad, but are very pressure sensitve. Too hard and lose all grip round the corners. Found about 30.5 psi to be OK ;)

for the (massive) size I weighed the 2.2speskys @ 650g ea(not bad given they're nearly DH tyres!). deffo check they'll fit your frame & forks first tho!

the_dark_horse":e795rver said:
Stick Legs":e795rver said:
Sorry to add another iron into the fire...

IRC notos, come in a dark amber side wall which looks fairly retro and work incredibly well, wet or dry! :cool:

And yes russell this makes us less useful but statisticly no worse! :LOL:

Im with you on the IRC's! Def my fave tyre brand, though a bit of a nightmare to get hold of at the moment as I think the UK importer has gone bust and no one else seems to have picked them up.

Maybe a bike related entreprenurial opportunity!

I get mine from an ebay seller. £27 a pair.

No!!
Pana fire XC + XC717 = danger!! :shock:

Tyres keep rolling off the rim for me. They gripped OK, and light, but when you land a jump slightly skew I really don't want the tyre to roll off.

Stick Legs":8gpxw9rw said:
the_dark_horse":8gpxw9rw said:
Stick Legs":8gpxw9rw said:
Sorry to add another iron into the fire...

IRC notos, come in a dark amber side wall which looks fairly retro and work incredibly well, wet or dry! :cool:

And yes russell this makes us less useful but statisticly no worse! :LOL:

Im with you on the IRC's! Def my fave tyre brand, though a bit of a nightmare to get hold of at the moment as I think the UK importer has gone bust and no one else seems to have picked them up.

Maybe a bike related entreprenurial opportunity!

I get mine from an ebay seller. £27 a pair.

Is that for Kevlars?! If so give us a link!!!

Found Conti Survivals to be good in the Winter but last year tried out the Panaracer Trailrakers... they impressed me.

Just took off the Summer tyres and refitted the Trailrakers the other week. On a subsequent ride my mate was slipping all over the place going up one particularly evil hill but I had no problems at all (other than the effort!), he was using Panaracer Fire XC's but watching how I got up without any "spinnage" has converted him to Trailrakers too.

As far as I know there isn't a tyre invented that would grip on wet roots!

Back