Attaching Tubular Tyres to Rims

Mr Weirdo

Retro Guru
Hello

I'm sure it's tubular I mean and not tubeless? I forget 🙄

My bicycle has been nearly finished for some time and one of the last jobs is to stick (a very technical term 😁) the tyres to the rims. I have never done this before so I am not confident at all...it's my fault though for choosing the wheels.

I live in the London Borough of Bromley so can anyone recommend a bicycle shop that can do this and at a reasonable price?

Or should I really attempt this myself...I have a history of badly glued together Airfix kits.

Thank you! IMG_20230404_140254144.jpg

It's not that hard - give it a go yourself! if you want to avoid mess on that nice floor, then try tape instead of glue. I have had very good results with effeto mariposa carogna tape, much less chance of mess, a lot quicker than glueing, and it's still holding strong

Thanks Foz

Its confidence I guess but I will have a go then. I already have some tape. Though I will check out the brand you recommend.

Thanks again!

Edwardes in Camberwell will do it . I was told that by Comptons bike shop in Catford who said that they wouldn't and that Edwardes were the only ones they knew of that would .

Cleanly fitting a tub to a glued rim requires a very specific technique. If you've not got a chance to practice and you don't want to make a mess, then go for tub tape. It's over 25 years since I fitted a tub, I think I'd bottle out and use tape if I had to do it now, especially as the glues I used to use don't exist these days.

Back