Recommend me some good flat pedals & suitable shoes

They are the plastic electron.

I went for them for A) weight and B) long lasting good looks - no ano to scratch or wear.

Evans had them in cheap, don't know if they are still on offer though :D

If I didn't get these, I would have gone down the superstar route :cool:

WD :D

I'm looking forward to seeing how I get on with them. You'll have to let me know how the electrons hold up to a bit of abuse. ;)

New pedals arrived today :D

Only another 5 weeks before the cast comes off, so I may even be able to give them a go before the end of March! :facepalm:

My Nano's have been great (have them on both bikes). They grip pretty well and have lasted well....they're the only pedals that I've never ripped a pin out of. Big thing for me is that they're relatively cheap so are almost disposable and are fairly light too.

As for shoes, I have the older Freerider without the silly bit without ant tread at the front and they grip really well and have held up well do far but they suck in the wet. Water goes straight them and they take ages to dry out again.

The Vans gravel is supposed to be harder wearing if slightly less grippy but they're hard to get hold of. The Sombrio shoes have a huge following on STW too (I wanted some but they only had them in silly colours).

I'm gonna have to have a look at some alternative shoes i=I think. They need to be waterproof ideally, cos as good as sealskin socks are it gets a bit boring stuffing your boots full of newspaper after every ride. I'll have to take a look at the Sombrio stuff.

They were fine up until the last few months when it got mega wet, but since then they've been quite hard to dry out. It's a shame because it's the only fault I can pick with them; they're comfy, look normal compared to the Impact and grip really well compared to skate shoes.

I run DMR V8's and V12's on all my bikes and have yet to find anything better, use Giro Jacket shoes with them and they're grippy as you like....I find that they're not as clumpy as Five Tens, I went for the grey/green combo but they do come in black too :)

Cheers
Stu

Are the Giro Jackets good in the wet? I see that Five Ten do a Freerider Elements which is supposed to be more water resistant. These seem to be the best so far (if they are reasonably water proof) Anyone tried a pair?

Been using dmr v12s and sam hill five tens for ages now and find them great but your really dont want to get the five tens wet it dosnt affect the grip but theres so much padding that once the water gets in they get heavy and take ages to dry out going to have a look at the new elements ones but dont fancy the ones where they've taken some of the grip off the sole dont think they will have any grip when you have to get off and push

Hmmm?

Do like the look of the Five tens, but also found the Shimano AM42 which look more wet weather friendly but apparently the soles gets cut up pretty quick

and then there's the Teva Links!

Decisions decisions.

Back