Rear suspension modifications.

Bullpup":3a3r3hs5 said:
Can you not buy a rebuild kit?:

Bushes: 989-5327
Pivots: 989-5357

where do these come from? not found any part numbers for these bits/ suppliers of these parts before...

And this: :D :D :D

DSCN0125.jpg

DSCN0126.jpg

interesting......

any spares/feeling the generous friday feeling? :p ;)

on a serious note, are those bags a NOS find?

Martin

Yes they are a nos find! I have yet to start rebuilding my bike - going to start next weekend so I don't know what I will need yet. Still faffing around with the BB,forks and brakes at the mo. I want to use an existing set of forks but the frame has a really long head tube and while I have splashed out on a Cranks bros headset, I haven't fitted it yet because the general opinion is the bearings don't last long. I think I want a Spank Spike clamp.

The only set of bushes I can find on line,the vendor wants 99 euros!!! makes the betd kit seem reasonable!

There was a thread on here a while back about a chap who had some nylon bushes from a firm in the midlands I think. I think they supplied the food industry and they were fairly cheap?

I can't find it at present but worth looking for.

If Bullpup can measure up what he has and sketch out some drawings, it wouldn't take all that much for a hobbyist to make some up for you.

Trickiest thing would probably be deciding on what material to use. Nylon, teflon...?
Oh, and finding a hobby machinist with a lathe :LOL:

Back