RC300 Finished - post long-ride report

Looking good Dave but you lose some points for having the rear skewer pointing forwards ;) .

Did you try to fit the USE risers? You need to wedge the stem clamp open to get them on but it can be done....

Fudd":m3pthyqc said:
Looking good Dave but you lose some points for having the rear skewer pointing forwards ;) .

Did you try to fit the USE risers? You need to wedge the stem clamp open to get them on but it can be done....

I'm also a roadie - road skewers are supposed to point forwards to prevent them being loosened deliberately. All my rear skewers point that way.

My USE risers are too narrow for the lockout to fit on with gripshifts so I never tried. Also my USE risers are 31.8 so had tried with another stem.

Epic afternoon ride on this today, maybe the last day of sunshine before the spring.

Handling LOADS better and lots more comfortable with the short stem.

Took it on some gnarly woodland and lakeside single track stuff this time and it was an absolute joy. Forks were outrageously good on the tarmac climbs - didn't know they had the same bob down feature as RC41s.

One more long ride under the belt and I'm liking this bike even more than I did already.

Change of tyres and a wider range cassette and it'd be perfect for everything I can conceive doing with it. But then I'd never use the other bikes. As is, it's customised for a few specific local flatland and woodland trails which it does incredibly well. Riding position is perfect now. The last creaks have gone thanks to the new Muc-off ceramic lube and the 170 cranks mean I can ride further without my knees complaining.

Back