RC200 - What weight can it be built to ?

daveaasmith":q6u635sb said:
I've not particularly tried to get the weight of my RC200 F8 down.

It weighs in at 23 lbs.

Dave

Ditto....I've had mine 12 years and never even bothered weighing it....guess I might when I've finished all my current tweaks but only out of idle curiosity, its full of parts that work and don't break and that's how its staying.

I don't particularly care exactly what it weighs.

I basically didn't have a clue of the weight. As in my original post as long as it doesn't weigh a tonne I'm not fussed.

I agree they look the biz and hopefully I'll be owning one soon :)

Neil

nthornton1979":2yc6fhbj said:
I basically didn't have a clue of the weight. As in my original post as long as it doesn't weigh a tonne I'm not fussed.

They ended up quite the opposite, they kept machining bits off it to make it lighter and lighter and some would argue they went too far.....there are lots of stories of seat tubes parting company with the bottom bracket shell when ridden hard.....don't let that put you off, they are a strong frame and i'm way over the 'design thresholds' for a rider and never had an issue.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
A good price, although I had hoped mine was worth a bit more than that!! I reckon it'll be about 25lb as it is, judging (guessing) by the components and what my 16" weighs.

I think the frame weighs about 1800g, a touch more than my current Klein build (1750g) but decent forks/bar/stem would cancel out that difference. With that in mind I would say that you could certainly get it in single speed/V-braked form down to sub 15lb (6.8kg) if you are willing to pay!! Although just being careful with what you buy will help. Obviously you've found the Weight Weenies listings!!

Fully geared with front suspension and discs, certainly under 20lb. My F8 was 21lb with heavy wheels, XT group and low end Race Face drivetrain. It's a bit more now....... :(

Congratulations on joining the Pace club, they are one of the few retro classics that still get admiration from more modern enthusiasts.

Attachments

• DSC04201.JPG
    DSC04201.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 659

Latest posts

Back