rare ;) elevated Nishiki Kodiak 1990 UPDATED 22/5/14 pg4

Re: rare ;) elevated Nishiki Kodiak 1990 Added some fast pic

hi
i'd put the original rigid fork back on.
can't beat that look. or a switchblade.
roy

+1

I think a switchblade or a tapered straight blade cromoly fork would make for a very responsive ride, but I also think it would be a shame to split a frame & fork combo on a bike that is so rare.

If nothing else, hang on to that fork and don't lose it so that the option to restore it to original spec is always available.

incorrigible":ac8i901d said:
+1

I think a switchblade or a tapered straight blade cromoly fork would make for a very responsive ride, but I also think it would be a shame to split a frame & fork combo on a bike that is so rare.

If nothing else, hang on to that fork and don't lose it so that the option to restore it to original spec is always available.
ya that's what i meant too. :)

that's the plan! - oryginal rigid will be carefully protected in my cave, so it'll be always possible to fit it back
I know - thank to You all - this frameset is quite unique, so I'll do nothing, what I will cannot back to oryginal shape in future Don't worry about it! ;)

Retro_Roy":en80aui0 said:
incorrigible":en80aui0 said:
+1

ya that's what i meant too. :)
Roy,
That's what I thought you meant; I was just agreeing with you. I figured I'd add my opinion to help convince the OP from separating the fork from the frame. I guess you could call it a form of separation anxiety. :LOL: So many times I've seen (& bought) a unique frame that had suspension forks installed, and the owner either gave the fork away long ago to the shop that installed the sus fork, or he can't find it, lost it in a move, sold it, etc. etc. I'm glad to hear that this fork is going to be waiting in the wings until it can someday be reunited with its mate (Jeez, I'm such a romantic! Can't you just hear the violins? :LOL:).
Frank

Good job, skolioza! Looking forward to seeing more pics. :cool:

a very little step ahead:

Clipboard02.jpg

not much time for building in last weeks, but some work done:

Clipboard01.jpg

BTW about brake levers - that's the pair lying in my left hand after some polishing ;)
1.jpg

I guess it needs RS1's or manitou 1's

Tho looks good with the mags , they work well too ,in an old Skool way

Nishiki is finished!
Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard11.jpg

some details:
3.jpg

1.jpg

4.jpg