Raleigh TI TEAM racer full Campagnola im collecting tomorrow

Midlife":2qp6expp said:
1979 number from Worksop, the 531 ST decal is a bit of a mystery as ST stands for "Special Touring" (if memory serves) and never appeared on road bikes from Raleigh Carlton.

Lots of Campag stuff so bargain if didn't pay much. Is there anything stamped on the back of the cranks? a number in a diamond?

Cheers

Shaun

Hi Shaun

Yes there is a diamond with a number 8 in it

Neil

8 in a diamond is 1978 so that is the same era as the frame, the rear mech should have "pat" and then the year of manufacture eg. 78 is 1978.

Shaun

Re:

Any ideas on how to remove a siezed seat post from this type of frame?
It's a campagnolo seatpost that's stuck, I don't really want to damage the frame or seatpost for obvious reasons,
Has anyone used the Coca Cola trick to resolve this type of issue?
Any other ideas would be appreciated
Neil

Re:

Wish I could give a definitive answer.
Have had to sacrifice 2 head stems that were seized.
One I paid someone to remove as I had no joy. No good result to report.
Be gentle and patient if it's stuck and you won't at least damage the frame removing it (like I did).

With the post being so far in the frame it's highly likely the post and frame have melded together.
I suspect you will be looking at cutting it out or dissolving with caustic soda.

Re:

Can anybody tell me the correct tool to remove the campagnolo bolt that holds the crankset onto the bottom bracket spindle,
I've tried a normal 14mm socket but the outer is to big to fit in the hole
Neil

A standard crank remover tool usually has the skinny socket as part of the pusher bit...like this:
41Oq50%2BjtiL._SY300_.jpg

£4 or thereabouts from your friendly local bike shop

Re:

Or if you are feeling flush - you could buy a peanut butter wrench :roll:

Attachments

• PB.jpg
    PB.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 421
Back