RALEIGH SUPER U REPRODUCTION BIB SHORTS

This is where my idea of shipping as one parcel falls down, the rules state you pay duty if the value of the goods exceed £135 and VAT if the item value exceeds £15. So might be worth shipping individually and avoid the duty at least.

This link should prove useful, if the total CIF value is over £135 the duty is 12%, but even two pairs wouldn't incur that charge.

http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-impor ... lculation/

NOTE - cycling shorts are classed under 'Sports & Leisure'; 'Sportswear'; 'Shorts of knitted man made fibres'

Martin

Morning guys, so we have Bigfatron, Reidy and Kettlo wanting a pair each and I'll have 2 to make up the numbers...

The size chart is below,

I suggest because of package weight and the situation with duty it might be sensible to have the items shipped individually therefore it makes sense for us all to make individual contact with Jeksports, I have looked at the shipping costs and a 1st class USPS envelope is $24.75, approx £14. I will of course confirm this with them at the time of order.

Their email address, quote Retrobike when you make contact. - fullcustom@jeksports.com

I'm going to order mine today, I assume Jeksports will start the process once they have all 5 orders in hand. I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers, Martin

Re:

Martin, not wanting to sound like a prat but just looking at the artwork there, the Raleigh logo is not correct. I know that this is only a mock up of the finished product but can we confirm that the correct one will be used.

If they don't have it I have a vector version of the artwork that I used for my artwork.

Also what would be the total price of the shorts including postage etc.....

Stephen

Hi Stephen, if you could send it to me then I will forward on to them in order that we get the proper version, I was just looking for the pair I have here but can't find them at the moment. I'm waiting for an email from them with confirmation of shipping etc. so will let you know ASAP.

Martin

hi there,
I've been away on holiday (in France, and shopping at Super U!) so out of contact.
I would be a large in the bibshorts, let me know when we hear anything.

by the way, did any of you purchase the Castorama bike in Super Record advertised in Cycling Weekly? I understand from the owner that someone from across the Irish Sea has sent him a deposit......Stephen?

also, do you know who was riding in Eroica Britannica in a Super U jersey? i spotted them on the video link from the website and wondered if it was someone on here
richie

Re:

Looks great! Strange mix of components tho....cobalto brakes and later levers with super record mechs......

Frame looks tsweet however......

Stephen

Back