RALEIGH SUPER U REPRODUCTION BIB SHORTS

Re:

The small pair I bought from France (Ebay) a few weeks ago are far too small for me...going to keep them for my daughter!

I would buy a pair of 4s though! ;)

Martin

Hi,

Im afraid, as you would expect, that my collection of Super-U gear is now getting, like myself, a bit dog eared. I have three jerseys all size small, a nylon fronted rain/light thermal jacket and a winter hat all decent condition. Sorry no mitts they are like golddust!
Did I read your message correct when you said you have a NEW pair of shorts size 4 (?) ............. If these will fit a 30-32 waist iwould be very keen to take them off your hands. Havent seen a cootontrade cap for a good few years now but good luck in your search.

PS..................PLease don't lose weight , stay as you are ill take good care of your shorts for you!!!!

oh no!
competition for a pair of shorts that are too small for me....do i sell?!

i have the trade cap, picked that up on ebay from a seller in france, i think i offered him £25 as i'd never seen one, something like 16 short sleeve jerseys in sizes 4 and 5, 3 winter jackets, the winter hat and 1 pair size 5 (transparent!) bibshorts as well as the size 4. i missed out on the only long sleeved jersey to come up on ebay.

i'm looking to get a scan of the mitts to see if i can find someone to make them - although obviously i'd pay for an original pair

i'll have a think about the shorts. in any case, it's unlikely i'll lose weight, the beer sees to that!
richie

No problems here my friend, will hold back on the eccles cakes for a while and see what happens.

Got a Marie-Curie 100 miler to do at the end of August, Might use the Castorama kit if no joy with the Super-Us. Sore bum either way!

Take Care and ride safe.

Reidy

Morning lads,

Been in touch with a chap named John at Jeksports who has sent me some details on some repro Super-U bibshorts, Very tasty, will pass on details as to how much and sizing etc etc as the information comes through.
Don't have full details yet but will let you know asap

Ride safe.................................. Reidy

Re info from Jeksports, Price comes out at $80.00 for bibs, have asked for sizing to be sent on to me, cant say what the quality is like as haven't got my hands on a pair yet!, Cant say yet whether they are six or eight panel but to be honest my current pair are now illegal to wear, so im not too bothered to be honest?

If any of you guys are interested you might want to contact john at Jeksports for further details . I am about to bang in an order for two pair of bibs (they will also do shorts if anybody fancies some?)

Will let you know how they are when they arrive.

Ride safe..................................Reidy

Hi Martin

Hope you are well and getting the miles in?

I cant speak for the quality of course as I have not got my pair yet, they seem to be a decent company going by the reviews, if you wish I could forward on to you a copy of the designs that they have e-mailed me. I think the admin have my e-mail address, as I have said there does not appear to be many companies who are willing to do these so im going to have a poke and see what comes out. If you want to contact the company its jek sports
and the contact/designer was a chap called John............Good luck, nice to hear from you

Ride safe.......................Reidy

Hi folks,

I've been having an email back-and-forth with Reidy who has done all the leg work with Jeksports in the US of States regarding the Super U repro bib shorts. Here's the design (viewed from behind) -

Jeksports are asking for a minimum order of 5 shorts/bibshorts mix and have priced them at $78 for shorts or $80 for bibshorts. I'm not sure whether that includes shipping, but if not it's probably cheaper to have them shipped to one UK address and then to distribute them once they've landed. There are savings to be had for orders over 11 items but I doubt we'll get to that.

So, who's in? Reidy has the size chart so once we get a few interested we can go over the finer details.

Cheers for now, Martin

Back