Raleigh Special Products Full Sus Prototype

mkone":156wovsj said:
Looking nice, but your not going to be able to run 950 hubs and disc's, maybe some hope disc hubs, in red :cool:

Mark

hehe! That's what I meant!!!
Anything from 98-2000 you think would suit?

If anyones interested the hubs on M/Farmers bike(pic) are 5 bolt bulbs.

Anything would do, but bulbs likely period bits.

ibbz":293x81pj said:
dyna-ti":293x81pj said:
If anyones interested the hubs on M/Farmers bike(pic) are 5 bolt bulbs.

Anything would do, but bulbs likely period bits.

Thanks - these?
https://www.mtbr.com/product/tires-and- ... b-hub.html

Farner has Hope brakes too - I wonder which ones?
Red versions would go nicely with this bike - as said
Also XTR M950 cranks and rings -

Have a look here:

viewtopic.php?p=2889714#p2889714

They are 5 bolt bulbs, they use a removable spider and 5 bolt rotors, and the brakes would be hope c2 (also like in ad above.

Re:

Just an update on my bike - I didn’t bother with disk brakes eventually as the rear triangle lacks disk brake mounts
I instead opted for a nice original set of Magura Raceline in a yellow
A pair of black spoked black rimmed and yellow hubbed Mavic Crossline
M950 rear mech and shifters
All I need now is a set of lack or grey cranks and Wellgo blCk and red anodised pedals .
Not finished yet - also considering a black XLite Clickon Seatpost .
Thanks for your help

05-E75907-F727-4-C66-954-B-06-E4086-D156-A.jpg

4-FC7-E2-CA-607-D-43-E4-9982-E12-CA8-B45230.jpg

A416827-F-004-C-4-E70-93-D0-0108051-D1316.jpg

kingoffootball":3kdkr6xi said:
Looking good! The seat post and cranks sound like improvements too.
Thank you
The crossline cranks were offered in my wanted thread and I just went for them
Boyburning then insisted yellow Magura would work - they’re a different shade of yellow but I think they compliment the wheels

Black cranks and Seatpost should square the circle - considering m95x front mech too

The yellow maguras work really well with the wheels. Wouldnt be the choice of wheel but tbh everybody fitted what best they could afford and its pulled off there nicely :cool:

Nice, but would have been pretty pricey bitd with that choice of bits. A rider or a looker ?

dyna-ti":3fw22uy0 said:
The yellow maguras work really well with the wheels. Wouldnt be the choice of wheel but tbh everybody fitted what best they could afford and its pulled off there nicely :cool:

Nice, but would have been pretty pricey bitd with that choice of bits. A rider or a looker ?
Thanks man - made me giggle - luckily things that once cost a bomb are now affordable - it’s a rider - I wasn’t too sure about being a looker yet - need a ask Gil for a Raleigh decal too . I should have it’s own build thread but was so into bikemeister’s bikes and he was inspirational

Back