Raleigh Sirocco 1978 with delusions of granduer.

A bit further on as it's gold now, it needs another coat and then a polish once its dry but it already looks a lot better than it did.

Unfortunately no one seems to make the decal set for it so I'm hoping one of the guys that produces them can modify one of their similar Raleigh sets to suit.

Attachments

• sirocco 14.JPG
    sirocco 14.JPG
    202.5 KB · Views: 560
I've got a little farther with this one.

The guys doing the decals had a bit of a nightmare, they had a similar set but in differing colours and with not quite the correct wording, they did some work on them, had a few computer problems but finally they're here so off we go again.

Decals below, frame that's been hanging painted in the shed for months polished and ready to have the decals applied and then with stickers applied and hopefully I'll get some clear coat on it in the next day or two.

Attachments

• DSCF3865.JPG
    DSCF3865.JPG
    193.5 KB · Views: 485
  • DSCF3864.JPG
    DSCF3864.JPG
    198 KB · Views: 485
  • DSCF3863.JPG
    DSCF3863.JPG
    215.3 KB · Views: 485
Re:

Looking much better now :D

I too had a mid 80's version, when I was working in a bike shop, I lent it to a friends boyfriend to do a 'Charity' ride. She never saw him again and I never saw the bike again :(

Re: Re:

kermitgreenkona88":2sr0riz7 said:
Looking much better now :D

I too had a mid 80's version, when I was working in a bike shop, I lent it to a friends boyfriend to do a 'Charity' ride. She never saw him again and I never saw the bike again :(
Ouch, that's not nice.

I got the clear coat on the frame this morning so it's been drying all day and is now drying nicely in the evening sunshine.

It'll probably stay that way for a while now before I assemble it.

Attachments

• DSCF3870.JPG
    DSCF3870.JPG
    269 KB · Views: 468
A couple of hours work after work this evening and its back in one bit.

I'll find some suitable pedals and give it a test at the weekend.

Attachments

• DSCF3872.JPG
    DSCF3872.JPG
    206.4 KB · Views: 438
Back