Raleigh SBDU 753 'team panasonic' 58cm

shawnb

Senior Retro Guru
Hi all, been away for a while and due to a new car purchase I am putting my complete team pro panasonic up here for sale before I break it on ebay...

SB3546 58cm

Bought from the original owner who bought it new in 1980 ish hence the early sb number. The bike was originally the TI colours and as was common in the mid '80's when the iconic new team colours (panasonic/weinmann) came out he sent it back to Ilkeston to be repainted in the up to date colours - a new Reynolds 753 'respray' sticker was applied then. At that time a braze on front der mount was fitted and the old style cable guide 'cutouts' on the BB shell were covered by a bonded on plastic guide which should pull off.
As the weather has been poor I have not taken any pictures of a clean bike :oops: there is a little patina here and there (no dings or dents) and the rust on the BB shell is surface but it is honest and nothing is hidden.
There is a full SR kit and the rims are lovely period campag Epsilon strada g25's that are straight and true. The seat and SR gear are all dated '83/'84/'85 :cool: The tyres are period clement mirage servizio corse that hold air for a couple of weeks at least and have not been glued on, they were nos but are still near perfect. Nos panasonic bottle.

£1000

Any questions please ask!

aaaaaa.jpg

photo116-1.jpg

photo215.jpg

photo39-1.jpg

photo115-1.jpg

photo38-1.jpg

photo114-1.jpg

photo213.jpg

photo37-1.jpg

Can't believe you are selling that!! Needs must I suppose. It's at the back of my mind all the time that I may have to sell mine one day, I hope that day never comes.

Unfortunately my bike addiction has been overtaken by a car addiction :roll: :LOL:

Sensible offers listened to from serious enthusiasts :mrgreen:

Re:

Well due to an ongoing knee and back injury I am tentatively putting this beauty up for sale again at a much reduced price of £1000 as is......... It hasn't even been used since my original post 10 months ago....
Really don't want to break it and put it on ebay...
Cheers, Shawn.

Re:

stick it on ebay - some yank will pay twice that for it and you can get some new bits for your classic car instead!

:cool:

I may do that although hate the thought of the fools on ebay and posting it halfway round the world! I saw a near identical one go on ebay the other week for similar money. I may break it with the likelihood of an easier sale and more money anyway!
I'm now the proud owner of a 1989 BMW e30 M3 by the way but that needs no money spent on it :D
Maybe I'll just leave the bike hung up in the garage and keep pumping the tyres up every month like I have been doing for the last year :LOL:

Re:

leave it in the garage and pump the tyres up once in a while...that's's what i do with my quattro!!!

that beemer of your's is a nice car indeed . .

:cool:

Back