Raleigh Road Ace to Fixie Project - colour options...

That looks ace. Depending on whether or not I can get the stickers for mine in the morning, I might have to rethink my colour scheme. Hmmm.

Going to have a look through the readers rides sections to see what I like.

S1m0nR":251w4jfz said:
Hi there,

No problem, I don't think anyone's reading this thread anymore anyway ;-)

You're in luck - I had the decal re-drawn in Illustrator! it was then printed on adhesive clear vinyl, which is pretty close to the original finish.

I'm in Italy this week but drop me a PM to remind me and I'll be in touch when I get back...

Cheers for now!

Brilliant stuff. I'll throw a pm your way in a few days. Enjoy the holiday. :cool:

Thanks again.

I haven't really stopped thinking about this now! Me and a few chums were having a Le Mans related chat over email about whether we preferred the JPS or Gulf livery and I sent round the pictures of your frame. I'm thinking I can't exactly shamelessly copy yours now, plus my bike is already built around a black frame, but I could get some gold JPS decals made up and stick some gloss black on my frame :D

Or what about the now defunct gunmetal/blue/white Playstation livery on a Peugeot. It would be the only liveried Peugeot racer there, that's for sure, badum-tsh :D

Jonny69":23c6mqy7 said:
I haven't really stopped thinking about this now! Me and a few chums were having a Le Mans related chat over email about whether we preferred the JPS or Gulf livery and I sent round the pictures of your frame. I'm thinking I can't exactly shamelessly copy yours now, plus my bike is already built around a black frame, but I could get some gold JPS decals made up and stick some gloss black on my frame :D

Or what about the now defunct gunmetal/blue/white Playstation livery on a Peugeot. It would be the only liveried Peugeot racer there, that's for sure, badum-tsh :D

Ha - well, you'd not be copying me if you went with the Gulf colours because I'm copying a French bloke that I saw around the LM circuit last year!! He'd sprayed his white frame up in a quick and dirty fashion but the Gulf colours were instantly recognisable.

I'm taking my bike to the Le Mans 24 this year and am hoping that the Aston Martin drivers do their usual autograph session. It'd be pretty cool to have a Gulf-coloured bike with the autographs from the Aston drivers in Le Mans' 85th year....

JPS would be a cool LM colour-scheme to go with, but for the ultimate Le Mans team colours in black, why not go with the Japanese Lamborghini Owners' Club livery from 2010? I think they managed about 2 complete laps in the end, having started in the pits, and then the car packed up once and for all...!

We're big fans of theirs as we love an under-dog!

If you're at LM this year drop in and say hi, you'll find me in Interieur Musee (vert) either in a Gold Maestro, or if that's not ready in time a blue Rover 45.

Cheers for now...

PS I love the Peugeot idea, I'm not a Peugeot fan by any means but it's a real shame that they'll not be there this year.

Well, it's been quite a good evening - a gap appeared in my somewhat hectic work schedule and I had time to build the bike this evening.

I'm pretty pleased with the results, it needs a wipe over with a damp cloth to get my grubby fingerprints off it but other than that it's done.

Haven't ridden it yet as it's cold and dark outside but it's ready to go!!

IMG_8060sm.jpg

It's mostly vintage parts: only the wheels are brand new because I couldn't find any vintage ones. The saddle was originally on a Raleigh Record Ace and I've re-covered it in original Italian Suede. The bars, crank, brakes, pedals etc. are also all vintage Raleigh parts which were lying around in my garage...

Now if I can get it signed by the Aston Martin drivers at Le Mans, it'll be complete ;-)

Latest posts

Back