Raleigh Pioneer info needed please

I built up the ladies version of this for my mates then girlfriend and sold it to her for £60 she is now his wife and it is still sitting in my shed :facepalm: :LOL: :LOL: They are nice frames and probably well worth upgrading ;) :D

The Pioneers came in a vast range of models, specs and frameset materials. 4130 has roughly the same mechanical properties as 531, so if it's in tidy order it's probably well worth £40. Someone out there rates the better versions as the bidding has gone silly on a couple of Pioneer Trails (501 framed cyclo cross-ish spec) recently on eBay.

Chopper1192":3utzfod3 said:
The Pioneers came in a vast range of models, specs and frameset materials. 4130 has roughly the same mechanical properties as 531, so if it's in tidy order it's probably well worth £40. Someone out there rates the better versions as the bidding has gone silly on a couple of Pioneer Trails (501 framed cyclo cross-ish spec) recently on eBay.

Thanks for the info :cool:

I have a burgundy one which my daughter rides, she really likes it and I've been impressed whenever I've ridden it.

Ours is Reynolds 501 though the Reynolds sticker is very different from the usual design.

The bike has gold swirly writing on the decals - I think it's trying to look a bit 'up market' and it is a nice looking bike.

I know I'd struggle to sell it for much but I'd still recommend it.

Back