Raleigh mTrax Ti built up as a daily/pub bike

ThijsK

Retro Newbie
Morning, I needed to have an unassuming bike I could use for getting around and store at the front of the house, so have amused myself during the lockdown with building up a Raleigh mTrax Ti. It started out life as Ti3000 model with the optional Pace RC35 forks and I have rebuilt with a modern take on the drive train. It now has a 1 x 10 setup, just working out wether I want to go 32 or 34 on the front ring and have put a pace RC31 straight fork in. The bike has come in at under 10kg so far and still has a little fat to lose as I find the bits second hand. Felt a little unusual when I first rode it after being on more modern machinery but actually settled into it and quite like it for its intended purpose of charging around on errands and being able to leave it locked to lampposts.

I've put a picture below, can put more up if there is any interest. Does anyone by any chance have some v-brake collar/mounts for the pace forks that I could buy off them as the disc set up is hopefully only temporary. Thanks for looking and any thoughts, Thijs

Attachments

• 683C8C81-136B-4985-9672-AA289DBC66A2.jpeg
    683C8C81-136B-4985-9672-AA289DBC66A2.jpeg
    917.8 KB · Views: 452
Cool build.

I’m collecting a Ti 3000 frame on Friday to build up but probably to period spec, to go with my Ti 2000

Nice, I've got the bike up and running and am loving it. I'm using it most days for running around and going to meetings and it is a nice quick comfortable ride. Just got a tubeless tire to source for the rear, a decent seat post and possibly a hope rear hub to match the front. Weight wise it is nicely under 22lbs and on its way to under 21lbs. I'm running a 34 chainring on the front and I think it might be better with a 36.

I've got a copy of the period sales brochure and could send you photos of it. Also have the pace RC35 forks that were an optional extra from original if you're interested. Have fun building it up, Thijs

ThijsK":3m7gx3x5 said:
Nice, I've got the bike up and running and am loving it. I'm using it most days for running around and going to meetings and it is a nice quick comfortable ride. Just got a tubeless tire to source for the rear, a decent seat post and possibly a hope rear hub to match the front. Weight wise it is nicely under 22lbs and on its way to under 21lbs. I'm running a 34 chainring on the front and I think it might be better with a 36.

I've got a copy of the period sales brochure and could send you photos of it. Also have the pace RC35 forks that were an optional extra from original if you're interested. Have fun building it up, Thijs

I have the brochure too but thanks! Let me know what your thinking for the RC35, as im currently selling my RC36 Pro Class on ebay to help fund some!

Thanks

ThijsK":1lv4jey9 said:

Any updates on the RC35 at all?

Cheers!

Back