Raleigh Mtrax 450 proline build. Virtually new.

going_downhill

Retro Guru
Hi Guys, I think its time to let someone else own this bike as i dont think i'll really use it. The build thread can be seen here. viewtopic.php?t=193187

I built it last year to do the great notts bike ride. It covered a leisurely 50 miles and thats pretty much all its done. Unfortunatly i cant offer it for sale with the Blue Rockshox Sid's, i'll be retaining these. Everything else is as seen in the pics.. theres a little road film on the bike, i didnt have chance to wipe it down before the pics.

All the following parts were brand new when i carried out the build. Mtrax 450 20" reynolds 853 frame, RSP carbon railed saddle, Sars ano gold/red seatpost, Mavix X221 rims on Deore hubs with double butted stainless spokes, Schwalbe Stelvio 26 x 1.1 tyres with kevlar puncture protection (really fast), Shimano Dura Ace 9 speed short cage rear mech, Shimano XT front derailleur, Sram Pc59 chain, Shimano HG50 road cassete with drilled sprockets, Shimano octalink XT r/h chainset (left hand is the same colour/ profile but it has the Shimano Sora logo, Shimano ES51 bottom bracket, Wellgo perspex flat pedals, Tioga handlebars, Full new cables inner/outer, new Shimano branded brake blocks, titanium bottle cage and ano red bottle cage bolts.

All the rest of the components are in really good used condition, the brake levers may be the worst thing fitted as they have a few marks but they do suit the bike really well. The rest of the spec is as follows. Race Face prodigy stem, Cheap headset (good working order), Shimano DX brake levers and v-brake calipers, red foam grips, Shimano LX rapid fire shifters, retro Crud catcher (a litte dusty but in great condition).

Rubber frame savers were fitted to all points where cables make contact with the frame. there is no cable rub or scratches of any kind to the frame. It does look like there is some cable rub in one of the photos but its just a wierd reflection. rubber chainstay protectors were also fitted to save the loveley hand painted airbrushed finish!

I'm asking £250 which i think is pretty good considering most of the parts are virtually new! Collection from Nottingham or i can post for an additional fee.

Damn! Local, but almost certainly too big for me - can you tell me top tube c 2 c virtual just to be sure?

PS See that in the Build thread you say 18.5" c to top of seat tube - is that right?

WP_20130304_007_zps5c8c2e11.jpg

WP_20130304_006_zps4d74ffe6.jpg

WP_20130304_005_zpsb863356b.jpg

WP_20130304_004_zpsb54f180c.jpg

WP_20130304_003_zps2e5ad200.jpg

WP_20130304_002_zpsfcfc6ff1.jpg

WP_20130304_001_zps40697cbb.jpg

oldave":28noe6gf said:
Damn! Local, but almost certainly too big for me - can you tell me top tube c 2 c virtual just to be sure?

PS See that in the Build thread you say 18.5" c to top of seat tube - is that right?

Hi Dave, its approx 22.5" from the centre of the headtube to centre of seat tube. I've just measured this in the normal fasion as if there were no forks/seatpost in the frame. i'm not sure on the whole virtual/actual thing?

going_downhill":1h9gaqma said:
oldave":1h9gaqma said:

Hi Dave, its approx 22.5" from the centre of the headtube to centre of seat tube. I've just measured this in the normal fasion as if there were no forks/seatpost in the frame. i'm not sure on the whole virtual/actual thing?

I'm 5 10" and for the 50 mile road ride i had the saddle way out as shown in the pics.

Thanks, but I think that confirms my fear. If you have chance before it's snapped up (as it should be), could you also tell me c of b/b to very top of seat tube and then on up to the top of the saddle as set up in photo? (You can see that I'm trying to convince myself here!)

oldave":28two70r said:
Thanks, but I think that confirms my fear. If you have chance before it's snapped up (as it should be), could you also tell me c of b/b to very top of seat tube and then on up to the top of the saddle as set up in photo? (You can see that I'm trying to convince myself here!)

The centre of BB to the very top of the seat tube is bang on 20". as you can see there is loads of post showing but i can measure this for you next time i'm in the garage.

This is an absolutely stunning Bike.
If it was 16 or 17" I'd have snapped this up straight away on the spot as I've been after one of these for ages.
And at £250 it's a steal steel!

By the way, this should be Raleigh RSP 450 i think, as that's what it's referred to as in the catalogue .

Back