For Sale Raleigh moonshine restoration project

Dovafish

Retro Newbie
20220725_183732.jpg
Here I have my raleigh moonshine. I'm not a retro bike enthusiast, but remember seeing a couple of posts here about this model. I bought it out of my friend's garage for twenty quid a few years ago and made it tick again. I used it to ride to and from work for a while, until I hopped down a kerb and the forks snapped off. I've been trying to get around to fixing it but really haven't had the time. I'm moving away to uni and it needs to be gone from the garden. I wanted to post here because it is a retro bike and I'd rather it have the opportunity to go to someone who'd enjoy it for what it is, rather than taking it for scrap metal. It's based in Hertfordshire, I'm not sure exactly what it's worth, I'm willing to give it away, but if someone wants to give me a tenner for it then I'd be more than happy to accept!

Here's another photo detailing the other end of the forks that's still attached to the headset.
20220725_183759.jpg

Sorry to hijack your thread.

I am sure someone will want this as it is a lovely bike and worthy of saving.

I just wanted to point out this is a perfect example of why height limits are put on stems and seat posts had the stem not been above it's limit I doubt very much the for would have broken.

Red wobbly line enclosing height limit... 20220725_183759 (2).jpg

Back