Raleigh frame ID help

I did think Elix last night but was still hoping for 531c, I'll do a bit more research tomorrow and let you know if I find anything

Just been looking at an Elix, it has a brace in between the chainstays and mine doesn't, so that's out :roll: apart from that I reckon that would have been the one, as the lugs are the same, doh!

Here is a picture of the cable guide and a few others, I took the BB out today(wow that was heavy) nearly 400g, I weighed it again and for the frame it came in at 2.1kg and the forks, 600g

14siecz.jpg

264krgl.jpg

t6ar92.jpg

r9lxyx.jpg

20k6sea.jpg

Re:

Shimano cable guide, which points post 1990, as Raleigh used their own branded ones before that..

Re: Re:

MrW":2tgviyet said:
Shimano cable guide, which points post 1990, as Raleigh used their own branded ones before that..

So it's between 90 and 92, all I need to do now is pin down a model, I was chating to a bike shop owner Friday about this and he said they only had to use one tube of what ever 531 etc to be able to put a sticker on the frame, is there any truth in that?

He also reckoned the top tube was double butted as did I because of the pitch change along the tube, at 2.7kgs F&F what tubing would anyone hazard a guess at?
531 or 501 or?

The fork shape from the photo says to me late 80s, early 90s. I notice there's no chainstay bridge which was a feature of their off the peg 653 frames. Not sure about their 531c frames though. I reckon it's an off the peg frame rather than belonging to a bike model.

I also have an older Raleigh, a Kelloggs Pro Tour. Originally bought in 1989, but it had the frame replaced, I think in 1990 or 91 under warranty.
I will look for the frame number tonight and post it, so someone can maybe help me with it. I have seen a few of them on here but they have cable guides on the top of the top tube, whereas mine had the internal brake cable through the top tube.

Mine needs a head set and I was wondering if this would be the correct sized one... http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/tang ... prod106023

I also have a few questions regarding replacing / removing components so I'm sure I'll be asking for plenty of help on here.

^ I thought from what MrW has said internal cable routing was 92 onwards, perhaps someone can confirm?

Mine has to be 90-91, but I'm stumped as to which frame :roll:

As for the headset, is it not an 1" steerer on yours? the link you put says it's only available in 1"1/8, you will also need to measure the stack height of the headset v steerer tube

With hindsight it could have been replaced in 1992. I know I did the 1990 maracycle (Belfast-Dublin-Belfast) on the original frame but the 1992 maracycle I did on this frame.

I can only find two numbers on it - one under the bottom bracket 76822 and one on the seat tube at the bottom on the non drive side 0270778.

Head tube (between cups) is 170mm. Fork steerer tube is 205 mm., so I'm thinking a 35 mm. stack height - does that sound right?

Back