For Sale Raleigh Dyna Tech Torus and Trimnell Fork

The following is said without meaning to cause any offence, but I understand some people can be sensitive about the value they place on things. However I'm going to address the elephant in this particular room.

Whilst it may appear that there are vultures circling overhead maybe it would be prudent to consider whether your expectations are realistic. If you're after a top price the package should be exceptional, which if not original, needs to be wearing components of the same or higher quality than it had when factory fresh. It doesn't. You're asking a top drawer price for a bike that isn't top drawer, as many of the components have been replaced with poorer quality items. I'm confident I can speak for most interested parties by saying the main interest lies in the frame and (both) forks. The rest is meh.

Both forks amount to two cherries on an unexceptional cake.

I'm currently selling a lower spec model* that is in completely original, and almost show condition. I'm asking for just over half of what you want for this one - and I'm struggling to find a buyer. It might be something you should consider if you really want to sell.

*STX - the same spec as your replacement parts.

It's always tricky when you want to sell a whole bike but everyone only wants to buy one part, especially when that one part is particularly sought after and the rest isn't.

As the bike isn't in original spec I'd be tempted to split. It will take more time and effort but the Trimnell
fork should go almost immediately, the frame too if priced correctly, likewise the wheelset and everything else could go as a bundle.

There's probably not far off £700 of kit there, trouble is you need to find that person who wants all of it. And there's just not enough of a bargain there to make buying it 'for the forks' viable.

The following is said without meaning to cause any offence, but I understand some people can be sensitive about the value they place on things. However I'm going to address the elephant in this particular room.

Whilst it may appear that there are vultures circling overhead maybe it would be prudent to consider whether your expectations are realistic. If you're after a top price the package should be exceptional, which if not original, needs to be wearing components of the same or higher quality than it had when factory fresh. It doesn't. You're asking a top drawer price for a bike that isn't top drawer, as many of the components have been replaced with poorer quality items. I'm confident I can speak for most interested parties by saying the main interest lies in the frame and (both) forks. The rest is meh.

Both forks amount to two cherries on an unexceptional cake.

I'm currently selling a lower spec model* that is in completely original, and almost show condition. I'm asking for just over half of what you want for this one - and I'm struggling to find a buyer. It might be something you should consider if you really want to sell.

*STX - the same spec as your replacement parts.
Sure and no offence taken, the frame and forks are the gems but I just want rid of the whole thing, I need the space. I am well aware that 2 concepts are at play in any market, what the seller (possibly sentimentally attached) thinks its worth and more importantly what someone is prepared to pay for it. These two often don't match so the price is either lowered or item taken off the market.

Not everyone is interested in museum items to look at 'factory fresh' on a retro bike forum and advertised on other platforms too as its a great frame to just ride!

Good luck with your sale.

cheers

Dave

Last edited:
Back