Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

Not been resprayed yet. Lots of people do not want to touch it because of not being able to bake them in their ovens for fear of it falling to bits. I'm going to risk using a bodyshop near to work, they do lots of race cars, motorbikes and some other interesting things. Because they do lots of GRP things, they only cure their paint at 50 deg C, which I would guess will be no problem for the frame adhesive.
I'm thinking of a metallic signal blue colour, similar to above. Think I'll ask about having the top and down tube sprayed in a dark grey / black metallic like the MT4 lugs, so it would be a homage to the frame above. Good idea!

I'll be interested to hear how you got on with the frame respray. It really is a shame the bonded Raleighs are such a pain to get powder coated.

phill77":c7f388bb said:
Not been resprayed yet. Lots of people do not want to touch it because of not being able to bake them in their ovens for fear of it falling to bits. I'm going to risk using a bodyshop near to work, they do lots of race cars, motorbikes and some other interesting things. Because they do lots of GRP things, they only cure their paint at 50 deg C, which I would guess will be no problem for the frame adhesive.
I'm thinking of a metallic signal blue colour, similar to above. Think I'll ask about having the top and down tube sprayed in a dark grey / black metallic like the MT4 lugs, so it would be a homage to the frame above. Good idea!

That'd look superb!
Look forward to it!
What you going to do about decals?

I've been in touch with Gil, just started to discuss things with him. I want the decals to be the same as the current originals, I believe the ones he has done before were solid black, where my ones are just a white outline, with a tinted middle.

I don't have any Dyna-techs (yet). I do have 2 M-Trax's one that's Cliffords old one (which I've changed nothing on) and a Ti1000 which is almost as complete. The only non-original things on it are the Barends, Saddle and there's some Hope Bar plugs.

My RSP 'Phil Wood' has Smoke n Darts on (replaced Wildgrippers) Will replace the brakes for doe Pauls or avid Ultimate/Arch supreme.
Wanna see MORE Raleigh Dynatech/RSP/Mtrax's!

2cwpxe8.jpg

Thought I'd contribute my recent acquisition to this thread after learning so much from it in the last few days - I'm up about 55 pages in so far. It's a 1994 Diablo STX (the serial number begins with D, so I guess that makes it a '93 production frame). It's in pretty nice condition and I guess largely original spec except the pedals, tyres, grips and cheap STIs (maybe the seatpost too). The story of how I got hold of it is on another thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=287508. It was bought as an emergency/hack bike to keep at the in-laws' when visiting for the odd weekend but it's a bit nicer than I expected, so I can quickly see it turning into a project...

Attachments

• Diablo2.jpg
    Diablo2.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 1,407
  • Diablo1.jpg
    Diablo1.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 1,407
Re:

Looks crisp! Lovely bike and condition looks superb. Be interesting to see how it goes . What did you have in mind?

Back