Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

Is it me or is it a real shame that Raleigh only really got their geometry really sorted when it was too late? These Dynatechs looks sexy and menacing in equal measures whilst handling and ride quality is still up there with the best.

I took the Dynatech I bought from Twellsie out for its inaugural spin last weekend. I had forgotten how good those mid 90s M Trax Ti / Dynatechs were. Loving the ULGI forks, geometry, and the feel of the Ti and steel.

KaemiCo":7ng64q6d said:
My first retrobike post and my just about resurected Dynatech MT5.

I had forgotten quite how gorgeous the MT5 colours are.
I have ended up with the custom painted metallic blue MT5 that has had a few owners on this site. It definitely needs a respray but what colour?
Should I go for a team replica, Decade colours, original MT5, its original blue, another classic Raleigh colour? Too much choice!

I have a set of Mag 21s to put on it, I gather the usual rigid forks were spinners, how do I find a set of those, were they all the same?

Time to get this winter project started with its own build thread.

My old MT4, most travelled?

Hi all
Great forum! I bought my MT4 frame late 93/ early 94, and still ride it regularly. It's not pristine, and has had a fairly hard life. Used it to race cross country for a few years, it's travelled to the states and downhilled at Vail, slick rocked at Moab, a few trips to the Greek Islands, and emigrated with me to Australia. Still use it pretty much daily, and have never seen another one here! Apart from tyres/brakes and rear cassette, she's pretty much as I built her, XTR , Zoom etc. The gripshifts are starting to wear a bit now, so have ordered another set of ebay. Hope they last another 20 years!

Attachments

• DSC_0420 (800x450).jpg
    DSC_0420 (800x450).jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 474
  • P7310852 (640x480).jpg
    P7310852 (640x480).jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 474
Hi
I just won a 2080 frame on eBay.
http://bit.ly/1ce6JtC
One of the pictures shows the serial number beginning with an A, could anyone tell me which year this would be?
Also, am I right in thinking the rear dropout will be 126 mm?
Cheers

Re: My old MT4, most travelled?

pommyiron":3cvkrwzc said:
Hi all
Great forum! I bought my MT4 frame late 93/ early 94, and still ride it regularly. It's not pristine, and has had a fairly hard life. Used it to race cross country for a few years, it's travelled to the states and downhilled at Vail, slick rocked at Moab, a few trips to the Greek Islands, and emigrated with me to Australia. Still use it pretty much daily, and have never seen another one here! Apart from tyres/brakes and rear cassette, she's pretty much as I built her, XTR , Zoom etc. The gripshifts are starting to wear a bit now, so have ordered another set of ebay. Hope they last another 20 years!

Lurve that bike!

phill77":1lmgeigr said:
KaemiCo":1lmgeigr said:
My first retrobike post and my just about resurected Dynatech MT5.

I had forgotten quite how gorgeous the MT5 colours are.
I have ended up with the custom painted metallic blue MT5 that has had a few owners on this site. It definitely needs a respray but what colour?
Should I go for a team replica, Decade colours, original MT5, its original blue, another classic Raleigh colour? Too much choice!

I have a set of Mag 21s to put on it, I gather the usual rigid forks were spinners, how do I find a set of those, were they all the same?

Time to get this winter project started with its own build thread.

How's things with this? Did you manage to respray?
I think the following would be superb colour and scheme for the MT5 frame.
IMG_0145.jpg

Back