Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

Re:

boy"O"boy

As Markybeau said you've done an amazing restoration job with the respray :D

If I get furloughed in May I'll crack on with finishing David Baker's Team M-Trax.

Re: Re:

Caramba Kid":1tdyb6yo said:
Tomas

Very nice collection mate :D

What's the purple one? it's not in the 1992 or 1993 Dynatech catalogues :?

The top tube cable routing only appeared in the 1993 range as far as I am aware, but none of the 93 Dynatech bonded frames had this cable routing in the catalogue. Could this be a pre-production bike, or one where a customer asked for a Dynatech but with all top tube cable routing? Since the cable stops are riveted on, it shouldn't have been much trouble.

ultrazenith":24sfyz5d said:
Caramba Kid":24sfyz5d said:
Tomas

Very nice collection mate :D

What's the purple one? it's not in the 1992 or 1993 Dynatech catalogues :?

The top tube cable routing only appeared in the 1993 range as far as I am aware, but none of the 93 Dynatech bonded frames had this cable routing in the catalogue. Could this be a pre-production bike, or one where a customer asked for a Dynatech but with all top tube cable routing? Since the cable stops are riveted on, it shouldn't have been much trouble.

It is somewhat of a mystery! I was my very first Dyna, I have 100% seen it in a catalogue somewhere online, however not from the Archives on this site - I believe its on another list, maybe something to do with Nottinghamshire/Council etc that lists almost every Raleigh catalogue from like 1950s or something... If I get bored later I'll hunt it out. So the colourway is the same as one of the Dyna Touring bikes they did, however this is 100% 26" MTB geometry... its also changed a bit since the pic, now sports a set of Manitou 1s and some other bits

My MT4, after a quick spin around the city this evening. Its currently set up with Michelin Country Rock 1.75 tyres front and rear, so it's quite quick on tarmac. I'm planning to return it to fully rigid, as I managed to salvage a catalogue correct Raleigh cromoly stem from another bike, and I've got some X Lite bar ends to add too.

I was a bit bored during a Zoom meeting a few days ago, so I took some measurements of the M Trax Ti 3000 frame I've got in the spare room at the moment. It turns out the frame has amazing amounts of clearance, you could fit a 26x2.5" tyre in there comfortably. There's also loads of vertical clearance, and there's space for a 650bx 2.0 tyre, and even a 700c x 38-40 mm. Obviously, the brake posts are in the wrong place for 650b or 700c rims so it's all academic. Even with a 650b rim the brake posts would need to be 12.5 mm further up the seat stay (or you'd need to find cantilevers with lots of room to adjust the pad height).

The things you do when bored in a meeting. ..

Attachments

• 20200407_190043.jpg
    20200407_190043.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 221
ultrazenith":1hz9zi5n said:
My MT4, after a quick spin around the city this evening. Its currently set up with Michelin Country Rock 1.75 tyres front and rear, so it's quite quick on tarmac. I'm planning to return it to fully rigid, as I managed to salvage a catalogue correct Raleigh cromoly stem from another bike, and I've got some X Lite bar ends to add too.

I was a bit bored during a Zoom meeting a few days ago, so I took some measurements of the M Trax Ti 3000 frame I've got in the spare room at the moment. It turns out the frame has amazing amounts of clearance, you could fit a 26x2.5" tyre in there comfortably. There's also loads of vertical clearance, and there's space for a 650bx 2.0 tyre, and even a 700c x 38-40 mm. Obviously, the brake posts are in the wrong place for 650b or 700c rims so it's all academic. Even with a 650b rim the brake posts would need to be 12.5 mm further up the seat stay (or you'd need to find cantilevers with lots of room to adjust the pad height).

The things you do when bored in a meeting. ..

Looking lovely!

If any of you Dyna-lovers are possibly interested in buying my MT4 (same colour scheme as above but 17.5" frame) or a purple M-Trax Ti3000 with the UGLI fork in 17.5" and are local to Nottingham/Derby in coming weeks or after lockdown (I don't want to post), I may have mine f/sale as sadly need to make room in the stable for other higher level ebay lockdown purchase addictions :) I'll get pics up of them in next week or so...

TOMAS":2jmqzsd8 said:
If any of you Dyna-lovers are possibly interested in buying my MT4 (same colour scheme as above but 17.5" frame) or a purple M-Trax Ti3000 with the UGLI fork in 17.5" and are local to Nottingham/Derby in coming weeks or after lockdown (I don't want to post), I may have mine f/sale as sadly need to make room in the stable for other higher level ebay lockdown purchase addictions :) I'll get pics up of them in next week or so...

Tomas

I'm very local :LOL:

More interested in your purple Dyna-tech ;)

Post up photos of your MT4

Got an UGLI Titanium fork in blue if you want to try that on your Diablo instead of the RC30?

Attachments

• derby-county.png
    derby-county.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 177
  • UGLI Titanium.jpg
    UGLI Titanium.jpg
    514.8 KB · Views: 177
Caramba Kid":2pn0knec said:
TOMAS":2pn0knec said:

Tomas

I'm very local :LOL:

More interested in your purple Dyna-tech ;)

Post up photos of your MT4

Got an UGLI Titanium fork in blue if you want to try that on your Diablo instead of the RC30?

PM sent bud for a chat, I also have the blue Ti Ahead stem in stock (if those forks are ahead - can't really tell if threaded from the pic) so might well be interested depending on price, the UGLi's are around 2-3 years later than the Diablo but would probably suit more than the RC30s, which really deserve more of a special build TBH. Its only the black/silver MT4 and a purple M-Trax Ti3000 that I'd consider selling atm :)

Markybeau":1lwlhcek said:
Blue Ti aheadstem you say....do you have a picture?...how long and how much might it be ?

No pics, same as appears on the M-Trax Ti4000 (looky in archives) - which is probably what the Titanium UGLI forks are off too, not for sale at the moment. Its around 120mm-130mm long off memory.

Markybeau":9vq963x8 said:
Blue Ti aheadstem you say....do you have a picture?...how long and how much might it be ?

That could be off a 1994 Diablo STX SE, or maybe a 1995 Ti4000?

I have a bare Ti version of the same stem, very light.

Back