Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

Re:

Big fan of this paint scheme and it still looks the business. The early Dynatech bikes were all identifiable from a distance, especially this one. Just at a glance, or one passed you at speed and you knew immediately what it was.

These were unobtanium when I was a teenager.

Cool bike.

Re:

Anyone know why this team bike has what looks like a wishbone rear end but the Adrian Timmis bike at the beginning of this thread is twin stays?

Re: Re:

Markybeau":1oyzv47l said:
Anyone know why this team bike has what looks like a wishbone rear end but the Adrian Timmis bike at the beginning of this thread is twin stays?
They're completely different frames. The Adrian Timmis bike is a metal matrix and Ti tubed bike from 92-93 and Adrian's one is an all steel bike from the first year of Dynatech production in 1990.

raidan73":30ewr20t said:
My 2070 in team colours with XC Pro groupset

Looks great Adrian, would be good to see some more pics of the bike.

Thanks Mark. I have a few more which I’ll upload when I’m at the laptop next

Re:

Still got this rare beast hung in the garage along with one of David Baker's last Team M-Trax bikes (1994 MT5 frame) before he jumped ship to GT.
Plus a few more normal Dyna-techs (1990 Mission, 1991 Odyssey & Encounter) & M-Trax Titanium (Torus with Trimnell forks)

Attachments

• IMG_1242.JPG
    IMG_1242.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 153

Caramba Kid":4r35ivra said:
Still got this rare beast hung in the garage along with one of David Baker's last Team M-Trax bikes (1994 MT5 frame) before he jumped ship to GT.
Plus a few more normal Dyna-techs (1990 Mission, 1991 Odyssey & Encounter) & M-Trax Titanium (Torus with Trimnell forks)

That’s simply stunning and so desirable - And in such sumptuous condition!
If you ever decide to sell let me know!!

ibbz":1cf89prv said:

Cheers, it's not perfect - there are a few scuffs & scrapes.

If the weather holds next week I'll dig out & photograph the others - plenty of time on my hands working from home.
Although think the 1991 Odyssey is still at my ex's, it's completely original including the tyres & grips.

Attachments

• IMG_1243.JPG
    IMG_1243.JPG
    987.2 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_1244.JPG
    IMG_1244.JPG
    923.9 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_1245.JPG
    IMG_1245.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 149
  • IMG_1251.JPG
    IMG_1251.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 148
  • IMG_1250.JPG
    IMG_1250.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 147
  • IMG_1259.JPG
    IMG_1259.JPG
    1,013.8 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_1253.JPG
    IMG_1253.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 149

Caramba Kid":mqn3y9il said:
ibbz":mqn3y9il said:

Cheers, it's not perfect - there are a few scuffs & scrapes.

If the weather holds next week I'll dig out & photograph the others - plenty of time on my hands working from home.
Although think the 1991 Odyssey is still at my ex's, it's completely original including the tyres & grips.

Thanks for these - she looks superb - some minor scuffs aren’t really noticeable
I’ve always had my eyes on one of these - but the odd time one ever came up on sale was whenever I was short of cash -

Back