Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

Re:

Here we go:
This Raleigh SPD custom painted frame was sold by Retrobiker Paininthe. For £80! I wonder how much this frame would go for. Now?

Attachments

• 33C7ADF3-9F4E-4B0B-B6C1-1A8367D1489E.jpeg
    33C7ADF3-9F4E-4B0B-B6C1-1A8367D1489E.jpeg
    138.2 KB · Views: 684
ultrazenith":2f57ppa3 said:
mtbkez":2f57ppa3 said:
Is the seatpost size on an mt4 26.8 cant seem to find a size and the front mech size too

I just went down to the man cave to double check my MT4, and the seat post is 26.4 mm. The front mech has a 28.6 mm clamp, and is bottom pull.
Thanks mate :D much appreciated

Re: Re:

Mahoney1978":2zzwxv21 said:
About that Decade does anyone have one for sale? Massive long shot I know!! I remember stumbling upon it in an MBUK at the time and thinking if only....
The last person to BUY one here on RB is user futuristicoldman memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=17770

You can ask him if he still has it and if he’d like to part with it

ibbz":29tx9m7j said:
Mahoney1978":29tx9m7j said:
About that Decade does anyone have one for sale? Massive long shot I know!! I remember stumbling upon it in an MBUK at the time and thinking if only....
The last person to BUY one here on RB is user futuristicoldman memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=17770

Thanks IBBZ. Appreciate the heads up.

I’m in New Zealand so it makes this ‘hunting’ a little trickier

Mahoney1978":835mj4qs said:
ibbz":835mj4qs said:
Mahoney1978":835mj4qs said:

Thanks IBBZ. Appreciate the heads up.

I’m in New Zealand so it makes this ‘hunting’ a little trickier

Totally understand that mate
But nothing ventured nothing gained - give it a try as I doubt there’ll be one for sale anywhere anytime soon - even MT4/5 Frames are now rare to find - there are a few Diablos and MTrax with bonded frames around but nothing higher end . Keep us up to date

Re:

My Raleigh RSP 400
Just need to add a black XLite Clikon Seatpost replace the HS for a CKing and some new decals oh and a clean.
With:
Magura Raceline
Magura Rond o24u
Mavic Crossrides
Rockshox Deluxe RS
XTR M900 RM and Shifters
XLite Fly stem
XLite XC bars
USE Alien (to be replaced)
Roox Cranks with TA rings
WTB SST98 saddle

Attachments

• 1167025E-82B5-42AB-9599-788233CBB376.jpeg
    1167025E-82B5-42AB-9599-788233CBB376.jpeg
    124.1 KB · Views: 616
  • 3B044084-6ECD-4808-BE00-D603946A4AE2.jpeg
    3B044084-6ECD-4808-BE00-D603946A4AE2.jpeg
    106.7 KB · Views: 615
Picked her up today 92 Diablo but been resprayed and needs some work, the previous owner has lost the tube sticker which shows the dynatech number.
Not sure whether to leave the colour or change it over winter please see the pics and also wondered if I could get a frame number sticker

Attachments

• DFC3CDB2-A930-4D85-857C-8078B095CF11.jpeg
    DFC3CDB2-A930-4D85-857C-8078B095CF11.jpeg
    20.5 KB · Views: 603
  • 82328989-FA5D-4E17-9745-488C4FCA0A73.jpeg
    82328989-FA5D-4E17-9745-488C4FCA0A73.jpeg
    19.5 KB · Views: 603
  • B1D9CAEB-53A8-4B50-90E0-9077A213DC71.jpeg
    B1D9CAEB-53A8-4B50-90E0-9077A213DC71.jpeg
    25.9 KB · Views: 603
Re:

Hi, probably not the best place to ask, but I'm new to the forum (first post, jay!) and I just want to get the question out for now (I'll do a way more extensive post later on):
I'm looking for a UGLI fork in good condition. Any clues on where to look, where to post etc. are welcome!

A bit more info: I'm from the Netherlands, and I still have and ride my 1994 Dynatech Torus.
It's been my daily ride (not just for mountainbiking but also for normal 'Dutch' regular use in and around town) ever since I bought it.
It has been upgraded and changed a lot during the years, and the only original part is the ti frame I think. I crashed and broke the original UGLI forks way back in the beginning, put in a suspension fork, and have been riding that ever since.

After some heavy use and some neglect it really needs some TLC, and I'm stoked to give it a new lease on life. I'm planning on getting rid of the suspension fork (never was really fond of it, and the slack head tube angles that were the result of it), replace it with a non-suspension one (preferrably the UGLI), and put drop bars on it. I want that racy feeling of the MTB's in the nineties back, so think of it as a retro-ish gravel/monster cross bike.

I plan to report on that proces, but as I am on a very low butget don't expect anything too spectacular (and it will take a while as it will be done in phases).

Anyway, any help and info will be appreciated!

sredlums":3ngwtkzj said:
Hi, probably not the best place to ask, but I'm new to the forum (first post, jay!) and I just want to get the question out for now (I'll do a way more extensive post later on):
I'm looking for a UGLI fork in good condition. Any clues on where to look, where to post etc. are welcome!

A bit more info: I'm from the Netherlands, and I still have and ride my 1994 Dynatech Torus.
It's been my daily ride (not just for mountainbiking but also for normal 'Dutch' regular use in and around town) ever since I bought it.
It has been upgraded and changed a lot during the years, and the only original part is the ti frame I think. I crashed and broke the original UGLI forks way back in the beginning, put in a suspension fork, and have been riding that ever since.

After some heavy use and some neglect it really needs some TLC, and I'm stoked to give it a new lease on life. I'm planning on getting rid of the suspension fork (never was really fond of it, and the slack head tube angles that were the result of it), replace it with a non-suspension one (preferrably the UGLI), and put drop bars on it. I want that racy feeling of the MTB's in the nineties back, so think of it as a retro-ish gravel/monster cross bike.

I plan to report on that proces, but as I am on a very low butget don't expect anything too spectacular (and it will take a while as it will be done in phases).

Anyway, any help and info will be appreciated!

Hi mate, welcome. Take a browse through this thread and the sales pages - try a search. I may have seen some for sale recently - I find the UGLI to be just that - ugly! Especially on a Torus- you could try some Pace rigid forks - always some for sale and they look very nice and ride great

Re:

I find the UGLI to be just that - ugly!

LOL, I can not honestly say I find it beautiful per se, but I do find it, hmm… intriguing :cool:
The fork stands out, it's not generic, it would make my bike a bit more like it was, and it would restore the geometry my bike had originally. I like that.
It not a must for my project however, if I can't find one for a fair price that's okay, in that case I'll look further (including the Pace forks). And to be honest, I tend to loose focus quite easily, and spend hour upon hour browsing the web for info, so going for one fork helps me keeping the project going. There's so many forks to choose from! :p

Back