Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

KondratievsBike":1gfntzsk said:
Fab, thanks Carl.

You thinking of doing a replica paint job? If so, I've also thought about this for a few weeks, only issue is the orange decal/logo that separates the two and how to go about recreating this? Has anyone else ever done a replica team paintjob?

Re:

Yeah that was the hope. Not really thought it through properly :facepalm:

A very nice man about 60 pages back may have photos of the orange splodge decals and will be sending them in a couple of weeks hopefully so I’d be happy to share them.

Failing that I might get an art student to paint them :LOL:

TOMAS":2ae54txm said:
KondratievsBike":2ae54txm said:
Fab, thanks Carl.

You thinking of doing a replica paint job? If so, I've also thought about this for a few weeks, only issue is the orange decal/logo that separates the two and how to go about recreating this? Has anyone else ever done a replica team paintjob?

Pretty sure they are available here: https://h-lloyd-cycles.myshopify.com/co ... igh?page=1

Carl

Re:

Will be watching this with interest,have thought about getting a battered M-Trax/Dynatech and spraying myself, what could go wrong :shock:

Re: Re:

davo77":kgamcto8 said:
Will be watching this with interest,have thought about getting a battered M-Trax/Dynatech and spraying myself, what could go wrong :shock:

Humm, be interesting if we get several of these on the go at once? I'll have a word with a guy from Raleigh I know, he may have some better pics, the orange 'Splodge' is infact a Raleigh logo I believe. I also have an old M-Trax in need of repaint that I did think about cutting out the lugs and having some carbon tubes bonded in, or doing something similar to a classic dyna with the chunky lugs to try and do a Tomac replica but again, would be a lot of hard work!

I've got a whopping collection now, with several Diablos, an Ogre and even a Torus XT, a race replica bike would really be the pinnacle of my collection before I move onto collecting something else lol...

Re:

My RSP 400
Bought as a parts bin bike and decided to transform it

This is how it was when bought
8039-DD06-1949-4-A4-A-A15-C-38-BE4080-F159.jpg

I opted for a nice original set of Magura Raceline in a yellow
A pair of black spoked black rimmed and yellow hubbed Mavic Crossline
M950 rear mech and shifters
All I need now is a set of black or grey cranks and Wellgo blCk and red anodised pedals, a M95x front mech and black XLite Clickon Seatpost .
Then to adjust etc and ride!
Thanks

05-E75907-F727-4-C66-954-B-06-E4086-D156-A.jpg

4-FC7-E2-CA-607-D-43-E4-9982-E12-CA8-B45230.jpg

A416827-F-004-C-4-E70-93-D0-0108051-D1316.jpg

Brakes - Magura Raceline
Shifter - XTR M950
Rear Mech - XTR M950
Front Mech - XT ???
Wheels/Hubs - Mavic Crossline Non Disk
Handlebar - XLite XC Riser
Grips - WTB
Stem - XLite Fly
Cranks - LX
Seatpost - USE Alien
Saddle - WTB SST98
Fork - Magura o24u
Chain - Gold fancy one - forgot name
Cassette - Shimano 8 sp.

Gents, thought I would have one more go to try and get a bit of help. Have a 700. Beautiful, one of the best road bikes I have ridden, my go to bike for my commute in summer. 600 Triclour throughout.
However, have a bit of a problem. As you know, the seat stays are 'bolted' to the seat tube lug by an Allen headed screw. There is a bit of play there. It's not the lug, it's just around the Allen screw. The screw is 'rounded out' can't move it. So, I have 2 questions. Is a bit of play the ok (probably about 1mm, if that) and could I, should I drill out and replace?
Thanks in anticipation.

I'd suggest drilling out and replacing. That movement will eventually wear something out, or snap.

I'm assuming the Allen Screw is metric? If you have any imperial Allen keys sometimes if you're lucky you can find one just a tad bigger & may tap-in enough to turn the screw, I've done it many a time sometimes it works & sometimes it doesn't, might be worth a try before drilling!
G.

Back