Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

I did a double take with that steerer extension.
Model range was as you said - STX, LX and XT. Seat's not original but you've done alright there
I just stripped the frame and cleaned/regreased the headset…then tried to reuse the headset bolt…realising it was the longest bolt in history and obviously sold with that stem extender!! Can’t decide if the extender is the sign of love for the bike that they would go to such extents to be able to ride it (which they didn’t anyway) or the person is just odd!?

I just stripped the frame and cleaned/regreased the headset…then tried to reuse the headset bolt…realising it was the longest bolt in history and obviously sold with that stem extender!! Can’t decide if the extender is the sign of love for the bike that they would go to such extents to be able to ride it (which they didn’t anyway) or the person is just odd!?
The original riding position is 'committed' - head down bum up. For many, particularly older or leisurely riders, it's a bit too much. With the size of the frame, and adding in that saddle, I would suggest it was done to add comfort and encourage use from, to hazard a guess, an occasional lady rider.

Last edited:
A Dyna-Tech but by a slightly different name.

Recently bought (saved?) locally, and will form the base of a winter project.

Nice that it originally came from my local Raleigh Dealer where I got my first M-Trax from in 1995/6, when I was 12/3! Rustys Cycles, in Ashby, nr Scunthorpe.

View attachment 682199View attachment 682200
I had the exact same bike, bought it in 94, from a 5star dealer in Swansea, might have been m and p cycles. one of those bikes, you will always regret selling. was an amazing comfy ride.

Back