Raleigh Dune Dancer - keep or sell

Takingabreak

Dave Yates Fan
Feedback
View
Hoping the Retrobike Massif will help me decide what to do....

I've just stripped down my Raleigh Dune Dancer that I had built as a wet weather road bike as it had become surplus in that guise plus I need some of the parts on it for another build.

I can't decide whether to box up and keep the frameset as it's so versatile (It's been used as a rigid ATB, a gravel bike and a winter road bike) or to list it on the big bad Bay because once it's boxed up in the man cave it might stay there undiscovered for years.

It's in remarkably good condition for something that is 30 years old, but it's also incredibly heavy.

So, what to do?
dune.jpg

Keep. I have fond memories of my first proper/decent mountain bike, a Raleigh Cajun. 531 tubes, lovely fade paint job, cool retro decals, thumbies etc. All things a retro bike needs.

The Dune is hanging up in the man cave looking rather forlorn at the moment - but I still have it. It does seem too good to move on. If nothing else it will build up into a decent pub bike

I'd keep it if you have the space. Ultimately they do not sell for very much so it's worth keeping in case you need it again in the future.

Thanks - good advice. I'm beginning to think that about all the bikes and parts I have kicking around. Most is good quality but old and not worth much. New things are staggeringly expensive and not always of good quality for the price. So, keep everything and use it up over my cycling lifetime seems a good approach.

Back