Raleigh competition vintage Road bike brand new never used

tippy1

Retro Guru
Raleigh competition vintage racing bike.
Black
Reynolds 531 tubing and forks
21 inch frame
Weinmann 605 brakes
12 speed suitor vx
Tyres and tubes and nice black saddle are new as old ones perished in bike shop storage.
This bike is one chance on a decade to own,brand new,never ridden and a nice high endRaleigh for someone/collector.
It came from a bike shop in Addlestone.
399 ono
Some age related storage marks but very very good.
Original special products build tag.

Will post or can collect tw7 twickenham

Re:

I have some provenance for the bike is details of bike shop and build tag from Raleigh.
Pictures on eBay ref no 153458337208

Re:

Mmm, I think you may be over egging the pudding here? It is not in great condition to be sold as new and `one chance in a decade` , I would say £80-100 would be closer its value even then its no bargain as it would not be difficult to find a nicer example. sorry to be blunt. The saddle and wheels are not doing it any favours either , more likely someone has nicked the quick release wheels and original saddle and replaced with cheapy alternatives. It also needs a new chain, cables, a full strip down service . The beauty of this site is you will always get a fair opinion most of us live and breathe bikes and If I`m wrong I will soon be shot down in flames ( quite rightly ) but I cant see it . Good luck with the sale but at the moment you could buy a much better bike for that kind of money.

Update price drop 350 ono

I welcome the advice on the bike.
I agree not the highest quality brand wheel set but do believe listed in catalogue as a standard listing and excellent condition.Must be worth 75 with tyres in this nick.
Saddle is average fair enough.Frame must be worth a fair bit and I do believe from bike shop unused.Components unused as well so still worth a few bob.
I'll drop a bit on it.thanks

Price drop 350 pounds.

Open to offers.

Best offer I've had is 200 which is trader.whilst not quite what I was hoping for I would consider offers in excess of this to go to a enthusiast.thanks

Latest posts

Back