Raleigh Activator I / II appreciation thread

[youtube][/youtube]
velomaniac":2k0li8e1 said:
Blimey, thats near showroom. A bike so awful it was stored after one ride and bizarrely now has, tongue in cheek cult status, at least in here :D

I don't mind taking the blame ......although I now have gt,Dawes,cannondale and Marin :D among others

Hi everyone, am new here, came across this thread on google.

I've been using an activator 2 to cycle to the station for the last few months, and have now ordered a proper bike.

If anyone's interested I'll be getting rid of it soon, have had it since I was 11. Am based in Surrey.

Yep couldnt say no ..Only this one was brought new as a stop gap to a car licence and used then hung up,brought out last year, new tyres and tubes and sold

the suspension actually works on this one !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 525
Re:

Since you all appreciate these fine Activator 'bikes'.
What size headset does the Activator actually use?

It seems a friends assumption that it was a standard 1" is not correct (a 1" cup is too small he says)

didnt think id get a notification on this piss taking thread about the worst bike in my collection :)

i cant be asked to measure it tonight ,but the forks are 1"

im sure i can confirm lgf's expert opinion tommorrow

Re:

So it is the BMX one then. But I'm not going to travel 7miles to check. A Nice set of rockshox suspension forks are going on and an upgraded groupset. And Tarty wheel I think.

Anyway solution so far is to drink various cans of beer and see which makes the better headset cup shim.

Last edited:
Back