Raleigh 531st Tourer 21.5” (Rare Gerald O'Donovan Model)

rich61

Retro Newbie
Purchased in 1988. It's a rare model, built when Gerald O'Donovan was in charge of frame building (hence the GODV sticker on the downtube). It is based on Raleigh's 8807 frame, which I think is similar to the frames used for the Randonneur models.

None of the main components have been replaced since it was purchased. It is in excellent condition, having had little use. Never been dropped or damaged in any way. Just the odd light scuff mark. Overall the enamel is in great condition and I can see no rust anywhere. The headset and bottom bracket both move very smoothly.

Full details of the bike can be found on ebay at:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Raleigh-531st ... CA:GB:1123

Looking for offers over £600. Will remove from ebay if I can agree sale through this forum. Payment and collection details as per the listing.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Yes, there is a number, but it's mostly obscured by the plastic cable router. Without taking it off, all I can tell you is that it starts with a 9.

Richard

Back