Ragley TI Build (caution some viewers may find offensive)

Is there really any need to flame other peoples threads? Childish.

re: the hardtail vs full sus thing. I ride a long travel hardtail for exactly the reasons others have given here.

Tonight I was following a mate who was riding a full sus down a tight, rocky, rooty 'chute'. Was determined not to let him drop me so I could prove that hardtails were just as good (with a decent pilot on board :)). He took a tough line... I followed... his rear suspension helped him float through whilst my hardtail bounced me into a nearby rock... result?.....

9763795a12739164387l.jpg

One pedal ripped in half, one rider and bike sent careering into the undergrowth.

I'm now in the market for a full sus :LOL:

You are the one that's taken over the thread Graham with more pics of your bloody pig. I said I liked the Ti bike- it's quite nice,, the thread is about the Ti bike but you have made it about you and your sodding bike- again. You are the one that likes to make things personal. Get over it.

Now would you like to explain to me about the 25th? I have asked twice now.

Dr S you came on here and the 1st thing you said, oh look the return of graham the troll!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so who is being personnel.
Thats fine im glad you like the Ti and so do i.
No i am not explaining myself pal read into it what you want.

Russell":6q0yrket said:
re: the hardtail vs full sus thing.

Tonight I was following a mate who was riding a full sus down a tight, rocky, rooty 'chute'. Was determined not to let him drop me so I could prove that hardtails were just as good (with a decent pilot on board :)). He took a tough line... I followed... his rear suspension helped him float through whilst my hardtail bounced me into a nearby rock... result?.....

9763795a12739164387l.jpg

One pedal ripped in half, one rider and bike sent careering into the undergrowth.

For once I fully agree. In certain situations a hardtail isn't ideal. If they were the World Cup downhills would be full of them.

I'm going full suss for exactly the same reason. To many cuts, bruises and broken bones now from coming unstuck down rock chutes.

Russell":1pth660t said:
Is there really any need to flame other peoples threads? Childish.

re: the hardtail vs full sus thing. I ride a long travel hardtail for exactly the reasons others have given here.

9763795a12739164387l.jpg

Try it, it's quite an experience..if your quick on a hardtail you can just ride as fast but with far less effort....I found myself hardly on the brakes at all!

I like the idea of long travel hardtails but I do think there is a point when hardtails shouldn't try and compete with full sus rigs....right tool for the job and all that :D

ti ragley

i have to say this is an interesting thread! i'd love to try a full sus...but i'm also finding that my ti bike is more capable than i am...i love all things ti, it's quite a metal! but due to being unfit and coming back to off roading after a good few years off i am struggling to clean sections of trail i used to blitz on a rigid GT ali framed bike 15 years ago! am i right in half remembering that ragley are designed by brant richards? (i think i read that somewhere, but with my red wine habit it's difficult to remember! :oops: )

Back