Ragley TI Build (caution some viewers may find offensive)

I used KMC 9 SLs on all my 8 or 9 speed builds but I've snapped two this year so will be replacing them with something stronger. It wasn't the pins pulling out either- the link plates have snapped on both occasions. I always change chains every 100hrs so they won't have been worn out either.

I think the cause could be either I'm a monstrous powerhouse demonic god of a rider or a fat twat who refuses to change gear in good time for hills. As Marcus Bentley would say,, you decide.

Dr S":2al61d7i said:
I used KMC 9 SLs on all my 8 or 9 speed builds but I've snapped two this year so will be replacing them with something stronger. It wasn't the pins pulling out either- the link plates have snapped on both occasions. I always change chains every 100hrs so they won't have been worn out either.

I think the cause could be either I'm a monstrous powerhouse demonic god of a rider or a fat tw*t who refuses to change gear in good time for hills. As Marcus Bentley would say,, you decide.

Roholff chains are meant to be the daddy.

Dr S":3mbe3un8 said:

I think the cause could be either I'm a monstrous powerhouse demonic god of a rider or a fat tw*t who refuses to change gear in good time for hills. As Marcus Bentley would say,, you decide.

I agree with you there.
I paid £60 for my SL and 3 times the chain has snapped on the actual linkl not the pins, meant to be bombproof according to the manufacturer, i must say its the weakest chain i have ever had, would much rather of got an XTR 50g heavier but half the price.
The chain is in half at present due to a snapped link. rubbish

I personnally think a chain would literaly last forever if you didnt ride your bike hard, iv got the same chain on my All Mountain / Trail bike as i bought it with 12 month ago and that has had some grief. believe me.
Any way who else has a Ragley Ti? :LOL:

Back