RAC Rally Aftermath

Hi Guys,

Good to see you had a grand day out.

Yes the Yellow Peril is dead. Camera and phone broke two weeks back on the last ride, now the bloody van!

I had a long cold wait beside the A19 on saturday. I kept going with a round of bacon butties and a few cups of tea but it still seamed like ages until I was rescued. I made it home at 9:45, four hours after leaving home that morning. A quick post mortem suggests high pressure pump failure. There is no air in the system for once, but only 23mPh fuel pressure and a rattle from the pump. If its broken up, it will need a fuel rail and four new injectors too. Its looking like a £1500 repair bill.

Highly unlikely it will be fixed in time for Dalby, so unless I can borrow a car my riding is done for this year. :cry:

Again sorry for the lack of butties guys, and gutted not to have got out with Gil again (its been ages!). Hope you enjoyed the cars. I spent the rest of the weekend keeping an eye on the live timing. I've also now got man-flu to add to my woes. All told, a pretty shit weekend.

Si

Well I was gutted to have to skip this and the pics and videos haven't helped at all, looks every bit as fantastic as I'd imagined. But it is true - there is always someone worse off than you! Gutted to hear what a shitty weekend you've had Si, but I'm quite sure lifts will be plenty forthcoming for some more riding ;)

Once again I'll have to call 'next year'...

I would smash a hole in the sump and claim off the insurance, saying you ran over something, then buy the van back :shock:

Back