R.I.P. David Bowie.

Re:

I liked the Heroes record a lot, with it's strange sounds on the B-side. I can't listen to some of his records anymore, because they remind me of hard times. And was close to tears when I heard it in the news this morning. But my favourite song is Modern Love. Simply cracking.

Re:

i was shocked when i heard of his passing this morning, i didnt even know he had cancer, i guess his family kept it well under wrap. but it wasnt long ago that i seen him on tv promoting his new album....

still, it was good at work today, how many people enjoyed my 'classic Bowie day'

rebel rebel, facination, lets dance, gene genie, somebody up there likes me.... theres so many, just brilliant!

Re:

Another one of my heroes lost. :cry:

Difficult choice, but one of my favourites:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ljv8xCt4Bq8[/youtube]

Time from Aladdin Sane was my favourite. My late elder sister used to play Aladdin Sane endlessly when we were young. It's still brilliant today.
RIP David

Sad day. I would not consider myself a massive Bowie fan, however the news came as a massive surprise. Just goes to show you can be famous without having to share everything you do with the rest of world unlike many so-called 'celebrities' today. He kept his personal life just that, right up until the end.

ovlov440":2qnen8wv said:
Just goes to show you can be famous without having to share everything you do with the rest of world unlike many so-called 'celebrities' today. He kept his personal life just that, right up until the end.

Couldn't agree more, a far more admirable trait than the access all areas culture of some of todays' crowd

You-tube, farcebook, and instant personal access to projecting one's image (and ego) onto the screen via the internet, have tapped deeply into the narcissistic nature of humankind through the 'go-pro' generation; and far and few between are those that are able to temper their ego enough to not want to keep garnering more and more accolades and adulation.

Not that Bowie didn't get his fare share of that, anyway.

... farewell, DB. Godspeed.

Truly an icon that will missed by many and his lack of presence will certainly leave a gap in the music world that no one else could fill .

RIP Major Tom :cry: ..

ovlov440":1j8usix6 said:
Sad day. I would not consider myself a massive Bowie fan, however the news came as a massive surprise. Just goes to show you can be famous without having to share everything you do with the rest of world unlike many so-called 'celebrities' today. He kept his personal life just that, right up until the end.

+1 ;)

Latest posts

Back