1994 Muddy Fox Rock 'n' Roll CR-MO

sam_white

Diamond Back Fan
Still in barn find condition, this 1994 Muddy Fox Rock 'n' Roll has come looking for a new home.
Haven't seen a catalogue, but I'm assuming 1994 based on the '94 Alivio components.

Despite appearances, the seatpost moves freely and the elastomers in the back also seem to be in good condition.

It does need a bit of work, but it'll be interesting to see how it rides - luckily it is my size.

IMG_20230823_145135.jpg

Be interested to hear if anyone can confirm the year, and what the RRP on such a bike would have been.

This could really do with a new seatpost, but I can't find any size markings on it. Looks to be about 29.4/29.6 by my vernier. If anyone can confirm, that'd be helpful.

Interesting cam for the rear brake. Seems ok, just needs a good clean.
IMG_20230906_210738a.jpg

Set of forks. 1999 Z5, basic but pretty suitable. Need to sort a canti hanger however.

IMG_20230828_144751.jpg

Set of WTB grips - pulled off a mouldy scrap bike. Cleaned up well, shame I didn't take a before photo.

IMG_20230901_191313.jpg

Wow in great conditiom i had one of these back in the day
I bought it from Kays catalog for about two hundred pounds ...
And then knocked the catalog...
Not the best bike mine fell to bits as the rear end rotates around the bottom bracket shell ..bad design
I have a photo some where ...

These are the only images of my rock and roll .top pic was when it arrived looking shiny.. 93/94
Second pic now sprayed see a flite and a syncros stem , oh yes my pink powergrip straps. A u.s.e seatpost and mavic 316 headset ...purple 987,cantis and matching ss7 levers .. dcd and bulleye jockywheels. And purple Hope suspenion hub lolz
It was destroyed shortly there after
IMG_20231002_090229~2.jpg IMG_20231002_090355.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for those @fiendish feet very interesting to see. There isn't much information online and no catalogue for 1994 yet.

I am surprised they were available for £200 in 1994. By 1999, Halfords were selling the Apollo Juice and Jalapeno for £100, they came with steel wheels, 12 gears (IIRC) and very basic pressed steel cantilevers. £80 would buy a Gemini Outrider, similar spec but 10 gears and caliper brakes.

I hoped to find the Kays catalogue online, but that's proving elusive.
I did find a 1994-95 Littlewoods catalogue, and they also sold Muddy Fox around the same time. This shows the Explorer Mega was £221 - looking like it has a worse spec!

Littlewoods 1994-95.jpg

Thanks for those @fiendish feet very interesting to see. There isn't much information online and no catalogue for 1994 yet.

I am surprised they were available for £200 in 1994. By 1999, Halfords were selling the Apollo Juice and Jalapeno for £100, they came with steel wheels, 12 gears (IIRC) and very basic pressed steel cantilevers. £80 would buy a Gemini Outrider, similar spec but 10 gears and caliper brakes.

I hoped to find the Kays catalogue online, but that's proving elusive.
I did find a 1994-95 Littlewoods catalogue, and they also sold Muddy Fox around the same time. This shows the Explorer Mega was £221 - looking like it has a worse spec!

View attachment 784125
Yes bought from one of the three main catalogs in the uk ie Kays , Littlewoods or Great Universal .
I seem to remember the alu mega and other low cost MF models ..
The 1995 MF catalog on this site has the rock and roll range ... i had buckled both rims on mine within a month of recieving it .. in 1994 you could buy a second hand v8 Rover for 100 pounds with six months road tax and 1/4 tank of fuel.... IMGP0664.JPG

Last edited:
Back