Quadratic equations anybody ?

Russell":34xdwh47 said:
peanut":34xdwh47 said:
I get almost exactly the same figures every week for the past 7 weeks Its really uncanny how you can cycle for 30 mins and still get exactly the same average speed to within 0.1 of a second

Which would suggest, if you're using it as a measure of strength and fitness, that in 7 weeks you've not got any stronger or fitter.

I'd be worrying less about the numbers and more about shaking up your training regime :D

if you wern't so busy making a smartass reply you might appreciate you know nothing about the circumstances .No one is likely to improve appreciably on such a low mileage (25 miles) on such a hilly route in just 4 rides in 4 weeks. Especially if the person hasn't ridden for 4 years weighs 18 stone ,is disabled with a spinal condition and obviously extremely unfit. ;)

You're quite right, I didn't know anything about your circumstances. Now that I do know something I would definately suggest that you forget about the numbers for now and just concentrate on some good quality low impact aerobic exercise to help ditch the weight. If you're riding a hilly course once a week, all you're going to be doing is knacker yourself out every Sunday, not get fit or lose weight. And seriously, I don't know what your spinal condition is, but cycling is pretty bad for the back, it takes a pounding and is crunched up all the time. Swimming might be a better exercise for you, have you talked to a doctor about specific exercises?

If you must have some numbers to play with, buy a heart rate monitor work out your aerobic threshold and aim to keep below it when you exercise.

Snap if you like but thats good advice, meant to help. And I'm not going to charge you a penny.

sorry to snap your head off but I wasn't asking for advice and with respect you really don't know anything about my condition to be giving me advice.
Dr's are useless they know less about back problems than most of us ,thats a fact.
I have had CRT, ultrasound and MRI scans and referrals to 2x Orthopedic surgeons and 2x consulting Physiopherapists and they were all useless as well. After 4x years I have learnt what I can and cannot do and I trust my own judgement completely. Afterall I have known myself intimately for 57 years.

I can walk about 75 mts on completely flat surface but it is very tiring and stressful
I cannot walk on grass,sand,stones,gravel or anything uneven like a pavement.I cannot walk in the dark as I have to see exactly where I place my feet for every single step.
I certainly cannot swim at all.I have sat only in a kitchen chair or a car seat for the past 4x years and have difficulty lying down .
I can cycle for half an hour before my back and neck start to hurt , so I make sure that half an hour is quality. No point in twiddling for 30 mins once a week.
I appreciate your interest but please don't offer me any further advice about how I should exercise

Back