Q&D pics of 1992 ? Specialized S-works Steel

keitht":2sb51veg said:
...What should i be paying for a nice early 90's Stumpjumper ?

Regards Keith

not as much as you'd think.

for some reason they don't go near the money of stuff like konas. :roll:

I bought the 1993 deep red Stumpy for my Misses and it had no direct drive forks fitted and I really really wanted a ride with matching forks. I built it up with a Suntour XC Pro/Limited Group set and when completed I wasn't happy.

My lovely Brother found the Pink one on Bay this year and some reason as you say there wasn't that much interest - I picked it up for under £100.00 including delivery. It had what I think to be the original LX/XT group set with LX hubs on Velocity Rimms. All original Specialized Saddle, Seat Stem, Bars, Seat QR and quill stem. Most importantly matching Direct Drive forks ;-) As usually the listing had no details of components I just took a punt on it. To be honest the condition of both my Stumpy’s isn’t great, they both have scratches and chips all over them but I personally don’t agree with re-spraying original frames.

I love this Pink Bike (Sometimes more than the S Works), is from the USA? Is it a special build? I wonder how many others are out there !!

I have got a lot early 90’s stuff for sale, including the Red Stumpy and when I get some time I will get it all listed on here.

Cheers, Chris

pink one came with XT throughout.

was built in Japan.

a few on here.

I like the resprays sometimes, but have to say, i like the original paintjobs more usually, even tatty.

Sorry to hijak the thread keith. :roll:

Cheers, Sorry, me to Keith - Looking forward to seeing your new thread...

1993 Specialized S-works, original XTR spec.

Wu-Tangled":150fykml said:
pink one came with XT throughout.

was built in Japan.

a few on here.

I like the resprays sometimes, but have to say, i like the original paintjobs more usually, even tatty.

Sorry to hijak the thread keith. :roll:

Not at all...its all very interesting.....

K

Very very nice bike!! I did think the Rimms looked incorrect but they are early 90's LX hubs so wasn't sure but should be XT with Specialized Rimms (I have a front wheel only knocking around too)... Also best part of MY Bike was the Specialized ST-4 cranks. Thanks for info Jim

good point. has got spesh cranks. mine has xt thumbs tho.

will dig out a pic

as it was on the day i scored it.

and post MM.

Attachments

• stumpy03_146.jpg
    stumpy03_146.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 747
  • StumpyMM.jpg
    StumpyMM.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 743
I know that bike iirc

Bloody hell that belonged to a guy buy the name of Colin G :shock:

I have a 1995 steel S/works in my shed too, its bootiful, but I only have the original frame forks Ti stem and seatpost the rest of the build is with new kit

Back