Puch Marauder fixed conversion

The tube joints look the same as entry-level racing Peugeots from the same period. Their frames used a 'Direct Brazing System' - a ring of brazing material was placed between the tubes (like an internal lug) and when the frame was heated in a hearth, the material melted and flowed into all the joints, creating the small, neat external fillet you see (as well as a larger, stronger fillet inside). Yours looks to be made in the same way.

It looks like a great, usable bike. The dropouts and forks are interesting!

That brown Turbo saddle will match your bar tape after about a thousand miles of heavy riding ! You got wear off the suede effect until its polished ;)

As for the bike you would never have known it was the same bike !

Ian Raleigh":klnmbtcs said:
That brown Turbo saddle will match your bar tape after about a thousand miles of heavy riding ! You got wear off the suede effect until its polished ;)

Yup, mine's nearly black on the top. It's as old as I am (although I haven't been riding it since birth, obviously).

Ian Raleigh":1ag0nqey said:

As for the bike you would never have known it was the same bike !

Yeah I know, ill have to get busy clocking the miles up then!

I know, I need to get some decals on it to be fair.

Latest posts

Back