PS3 vs XBOX 360

PS3 or XBOX 360

• PS3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • XBOX 360

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
magicmistertea":3doj7z7k said:
whats the crack with ylod and rrod ? i dont understand that bit ?..

Surface mount chips sit on little balls of solder.

H&S laws say lead cannot be used in kids toys. New solder has no lead, new solder doesn't expand enough when the chips get hot. The hot chip cracks it's connection with the balls.

Reflow is to heat the chip so hot the balls melt and the chip makes a new connection.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu0k4d76S5M

Reball is to remove the old solder and lay down 100s of tiny solder balls, hopefully with lead and then reheat to make the connection.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOtRJRWMxjY

The RROD on the Xbox is the same problem, these things just get too hot and the new solder can't cope.

I've read the PSLim is having problems already, even with its smaller, cooler more energy efficient chip.[/url]

Awkward Kid":1hnmk1iy said:
I've both and always use the PS3. But Forza 3 keeps the Xbox under the tele.

GT4 kept my PS2 in place, it's still there, but looks cack on the plasma.

Forza kept me in ToysRUs for about an hour!
I think it wins out on the graphics over GT5 Prologue. I wonder if GT5 final will have better atmosphere and weather lighting. That's what makes the difference with the Xbox graphics I've seen, they don't look overly sharp.

PS3 for all reasons above. So much more than just a games machine, but shit hot at that too.

You only actually need two games too..

COD MW2 for me
Singstar for the Mrs

Job done :)

3rd option please...

PC

-Has all the benefits of both systems, can do a hell of a lot more besides.
-Offers the best control interface for first person shooters (keyboard and mouse)
-Can plug in any controller of your choice, can even get adaptors to allow you to use your genuine xbox or sony controllers.
-Can be upgraded as newer technologies come along.
-Can even get emulators to run older console games, and I am sure one day some one will do an emulator for the current generation consoles.

OK, so a decent gaming PC will set you back more than a console, but the advantages are worth it.

yer i just tried to add a 3rd option for you jerky, but it wont let me ! i think its because the poll has allready started ? a mod might be able to do it, but as its a bike related forum its probably a waste of there time.
allthough your vote has been noted. ;)

PC negatives though for me are:

Expensive, friends with 2x £200 graphics cards and water cooling are just taking it too far.

Noisy.

An OS thats fiddle-able-with, fire it up, play a game, tweak this driver, defrag this disk, update this sys file just to get the game running a wee bit better.

Too many 'standards' that are always being upgraded.

The best games and media centre can be had on a PC, the best solution is not a PC.

Am I allowed to just have a Game Boy for sitting on the bog?

My friends who were all Atari ST and Amiga fanatics (Fanatics was the name of my mates demo group on the Sinclair, remember them?) now have very bad RSI and are no longer able to type as they have right royally buggered up their hands/ careers.

I always sat and watched.

like the PS3, but bought (well got the approval for it from GF) as doing a linix subject this year where we program them... and also for killzone2 (GF insisted we get this)...(although the ps2 stays as #1 is waaaaay better, and for MW2 (once again 1 is better) and well GT5 is comming one day.. and I paid $AU220 for is, instead of $700...

... but we have 2 PC's in the lounge room, so its 24/7 MW1 available, the GF is getting much better...

well this is the last time i post on this subject, i will let it drop to the bottom after this, but i just wanted to say as i know there are many many Xbox users on here i thought they would at least come up with a few "plus" points..... but obviously there arnt any ? :LOL:
oh well PS3 IS KING !!! :D

Back