Proud to be British....

Rich Aitch":cnm731y4 said:
Do they settle for France, afteral it'd be a lot easier because crossing the channel is probably the riskiest part of it all- instead of Britain?
Do they buggery!

No because when they arrived in France and said 'hi we'll work for half the pay' the french said 'sorry we'd rather employ french nationals who were born here and can speak the language, but if you want to stay and open a business and contribute to the economy, you're more than welcome'.
Hmm a country that imports very little, sells it's electricity to others because it has a surplus, still has national owned car and truck manufacturers, where the words job security and pension actually mean something, a massive steel and heavy industry, fantastic health care and public transport, is totally self suffcient in food, has very little individual debt where buy now pay when it's fucked is unknown,has no opportunities ?

And if more employers had done what the french did instead of thinking of their bank balances and people had been willing to do 'menial' work you wouldn't be bleating about immigrants.

Sorry Rich but you're talking out of your hat.

highlandsflyer":2iurgaz8 said:
I think winning the TDF trumps just about everything else, especially as cycling is the craze sweeping the nation.

Not as sure as I was a month ago. Some awesome feats in the Olympics & Paralympics. I think my choice would be Mo Farah or possibly David Weir. My only doubt about BW is that the TDF is very much a team effort with everyone making sure that he had the best chance. But wouldn't be upset if he won.

I'm still feeling the love for this country and it seems my bubble is unburstable at the moment :LOL:

I don't give a stuff about who should / shouldn't be here, this has been a remarkable summer. If youre feeling grumpy...to quote the late great Freddie....'get on your bike and ride'.

I was lucky enough to see Mo Farah in the 10000m final and boy was it special...

Back