Projects Waiting for Spring

I started stripping a Bridgeston MB2 frame before Christmas. Its pretty much ready for primer, but its too cold to coat it. My workspace is unheated and unventilated. It probably wont be warm enough until March. :(

Have sympathy for me.
Sympathy is given. We can’t use paint stripper because the workshop is 3 degrees and outside is 3 degrees. No heating, we have ventilation (very very big door) and no insulation …

One of my challenges is that BITD there were a bunch of bikes that I coveted/admired, but couldn't afford or find locally (like any Brodie made during the glory years), but I've never ridden them. So I could find one in my size and buy it, but there's no guarantee I'll actually like it. This is kind of what's happened with my Kona Cindercone, Ritchey Ultra and Miyata Triplecross purchases.

And don't get me started about my Bridgestone MB2 purchase or GT Zaskar. The Zaskar is the worst - I bought it as a temporary place holder for a Kona, and then found I really liked the damn bike.

So I could find one in my size and buy it, but there's no guarantee I'll actually like it
I feel you, man. I took a guess at sizing and bought myself a Brodie (nobody's dream bike, modern and aluminum). Only ridden it a few hundred metres, and banged my legs off the bars a few times. It's been hanging ever since, I think subconsciously, I'm afraid to ride it and really figure out that it's too small. Spent more on it than anything else in the fleet

I have the same problem here. Scott Unitrack DH Project waiting for 15° minium.

Also I'm cheap but decent two part clear coat isn't. I planned to spray my frame and the front light beam glasses on my Mercedes (SL 500 R230 cabriolet) at the same time. So I don't waste the clear coat spray cans.

Now the weather is good enough and I tried to park the Benz outside my garage. But it immediately broke. As it did on the first day of spring last year. And the year before. Damn. I like the wrong car. 🤬

Now painting the frame will have to wait until the car comes back from the dealers. (I hope they will fix the brake damage under warranty. The car is only 20 years old! :D )

Reactions: enc
I started stripping a Bridgeston MB2 frame before Christmas. Its pretty much ready for primer, but its too cold to coat it. My workspace is unheated and unventilated. It probably wont be warm enough until March. :(

Have sympathy for me.
Yep! I can sympathise. Same scenario here …I have to work outdoors so any painting is restricted to our annual two days of good weather

Back