Project Pinarello Breaking - lots of nice bits!

328isport

Old School Hero
Hi all,

With a new bike on the way I've decided to break the Pinarello I've built up over the last year, a lot of thought has gone into this build with only the best condition parts being used, so lots of quality bits up for grabs.

I haven't got a pic of everything but here's a list of the bits, if you would like pictures of anything in particular drop me a message and I'll get some sorted. Everything will be available from next Monday. All prices include postage unless otherwise stated, all items can be collected from Colchester, Essex, I'm happy for people to arrange their own couriers also;

Drivetrain

80's Simplex Retrofriction DT shifters complete with gear cables for front and rear dérailleurs, excellent condition - £45.00

Campag Super Record double chainring cranks in very good condition, 1980's, 170mm long, include chainring bolts but not chainrings/crank bolts - £60.00 SOLD

Royce 53 tooth chainring, bought new a month ago, hardly used - £30.00

Original Campagnolo 52 and 42 teeth chainrings, good condition - £25.00 each SOLD

Royce crank bolts, stainless steel, excellent condition - £12.00

Campag Super Record rear dérailleur pat 83, original Campagnolo jockey wheels and cable outer, very good condition and excellent working order - £45.00 SOLD

Campag Super Record front Dérailleur, good condition, excellent working order - £27.00 SOLD

Brakes

Campagnolo Record carbon brake levers, these are the single-speed version so perfect for bikes with DT shifters, carbon levers and the original hoods, all in excellent condition, also have quick release. Very expensive new and rare now, work as well as they look! Comfortable and composite levers feel great. - £80.00 SOLD

Shimano 105 brake calipers in silver, branding removed, dual pivot, quick release, very good condition, fitted with cartridge type pads with Swisstop green inserts (as good as they come), these work great with the above levers, lots of feel and a doddle to remove wheels using quick release on the calipers and levers giving lots of clearance - £35.00

Wheels

Mavic Open 4 CD's with polished Campagnolo hubs and correct skewers, freewheel is 7 speed Sachs Maillard 14-24, spacing is 100/126mm, only done a few hundred miles since I had them serviced, both wheels were trued and the rear hub had new cones and bearings fitted, all done by Colchester Cycles.

I'd prefer these to be collected or own courier arranged - £95.00 exc. postage

Handlebars/Stem

Cinelli Giro d' Italia handlebars 64-40 and Cinelli 1A stem 120mm, both in excellent condition, 26.4 diameter/clamp, these bars are a great shape with a reasonably shallow drop, would ideally like to sell together, come with black Cinelli plugs - £60.00 SOLD

Saddles

Genuine Pinarello saddle, black suede like finish with Pinarello embroided into both sides in yellow, great condition as got it new and hasn't seen a lot of use, would look great on any retro. - £25.00

Selle Italia C2 saddle, used only a couple of times, as new - £15.00

Seatpost

Thomson Elite lay back seatpost, superb quality post, in excellent condition, includes Thomson bag - £35.00 SOLD

Frame

A bit of a mystery this one! I don't believe it is a Pinarello, however it is a quality frame, with Campagnolo dropouts (forks and frame), nice lugs and neat touches like the internal rear brake cable routing, the bottom bracket shell is 68mm. This is being sold as a bare frame but includes the Shimano 600 headset, unknown bottom bracket (both headset and BB in fine working order) and Campagnolo seat pin, It has a few markings stamped into the bb, including numbers and the name A.Hayes, I was told by the previous owner he was a triathlete, but haven't been able to confirm this and I've never found out the bikes true identity. It's a superb ride being extremely responsive. The paint is in decent condition for it's age, having been waxed countless times, looks great in the sun! Size is 59cm seat tube centre to top, 57cm top tube centre to centre - £95.00 excluding post SOLD

Accessories

Campagnolo Record carbon bottle cage, very light! Over £100 new.. - £35.00

Avocet 30 computer - great period Avocet computer, complete with original box and instructions, unit is in great condition and pick up/magnet work perfectly. The computer unit does have an issue in that batteries only last 3 days or so, someone may find this an easy repair, otherwise it's a case of putting a battery in when you want to use it and taking it out again afterwards, either way it looks great on the bike! - £20.00 SOLD

Any questions don't hesitate to get in touch!

A few pics..

Seatpost sold, brake levers and brake cables prov. sold, rest is still available including the frame and forks. Let me know if you need any more info.

List updated, other bits also available such as Stronglight Titanium BB and Cinelli helmet

Open to offers

Back