Project Kona ....

enc":1sitslex said:
Muddy paw":1sitslex said:
put the decals between two small warm Tea towels or cloths then put them in the middle of a heavy book as the warmth of the towels would help soften the decals enough allowing the crease to flatten easier :) ..

Just prior to application or days in advance ?

Just leave em over night and make sure the cloths or towels aren't ribbed so it all flattens nicely ;) ..

Re:

The frame is still in the loft mate ...the enc project shop is closed for the winter period ... No fun working on bikes outside in this weather lol!!

How's the Brodie coming along ?

Man up, dress warm and take few pics :)

The Brodie is coming :)
It is now missing only wheels but maybe next month.

Re:

hmm.. so this has been hung in the loft since September 2015 waiting for the paint to harden :roll: :facepalm:
reckon it'll be Ok to cut back the paint now :?: :LOL:

Change of plan with the forks .. i picked up some Mazocchi Bomber Z4s. Paint is a bit tatty but they appear to work fine.
bit of a dilemma what to do with the paint on the forks ... touch in or repaint ? i think the Yellow works OK with the Nardo Grey frame but there's quite a few scrapes and scuffs... im quite liking the idea of baby blue for the forks :mrgreen: or maybe something a bit more in ya face. What do you think ?

D66R6Im.jpg

ExSaEoq.jpg

02Ny8Os.jpg

ufxctGj.jpg

D7LM4KN.jpg

I love this Gray-yellow combo! I would either leave it as is (retouch it) or repaint it in same yellow and put some yellow saddle, grips, wires and decals :)

great colour uve went for on the frame,id go for redoing the forks to give them the fresh clean look of the frame.

i did similar to one of my konas but went for the polished raw steel then cleared to seal the decals in

Attachments

• 40344541224_7e372842d5_m.jpg
    40344541224_7e372842d5_m.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 355
Bawgixer":2dq38xx4 said:
great colour uve went for on the frame,id go for redoing the forks to give them the fresh clean look of the frame.

i did similar to one of my konas but went for the polished raw steel then cleared to seal the decals in

the replacement Kona decals are white with orange highlights... how about ...

SEPja6M.jpg

sLvzgRe.jpg

53l1JEW.jpg

or something real wild maybe :shock: :LOL:

9Il54Nn.jpg

White decals on the orange forks lol
Last forks look sweet as with the frame,but I’d then change the frame decals to tie in with the dayglo of the forks.

Back