PROFLEXTHESIS - the tale of PROFLEX & K2 (and Girvin & Noleen etc) some history as I know it - maybe...

KennyDTCC

Dirt Disciple
I still have (and use) 4 ‘Proflexes’ (a 656, a 757, a 857 and a K2 Proflex 4000). I have also collected lots on Proflex (and later K2 – Proflex) over the years. I had my first Catalogues in 1996, but only in 2021 did I start to write up the history and the story as I understand it (on ‘PROFLEXTHESIS’). It will probably never finish, but (as attached) the current tale at Jan 2023 – as I know it maybe………… others might know better.................

Attachments

• Bob Girvin and PROFLEX02.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 101
I remember when the K2’s started to take over and came out with what I think were some of the first digital brains on the rear suspension. No idea if they worked any good. Must have been mid 90s.

Last edited:
Nice read. Thanks for writing it up.

Just got myself a Serotta Offroad Proflex as a restoration project so the title grabbed my interest.

Cheers
boy"O"boy

Great article, thanks a lot!
Now Do you know anything about Spinergy carbon wheels mounted in proflex 856/956? I've seen some pics (also in your article) and I wonder if that was just an owners idea or there were some extra versions of these models? Can You tell anything about it?

and even more Parts 3A and 3B .....

Attachments

• Bob Girvin and PROFLEX04 Part 3A even more.pdf
    4.5 MB · Views: 3
  • Bob Girvin and PROFLEX04 Part 3B even more.pdf
    3.9 MB · Views: 2
Back