PROFLEX REAR NEEDLE ROLLER BEARINGS

royboy2cv

GT Fan
Right here goes , the bearing you will be using will not have an inner shaft sleeve hence the need to harden the pivot axles, if you can try this out in ali first (just in case !) it might be best , from the drawing below make two of the components one with an M6 taped hole and one with a 6.1mm through hole ,the material you use must be hardend ,you can use silver steel and heat treat it your self . the 14mm dia MUST BE A GOOD SIZE the needle roller bearing will run on it. O.K. ? The 9.2mm dia is to fit in your frame in the counter bore ,this needs to be a tight fit ,it does not want to go in ,make sure the counter bore for the cap head bolt is O.K. (10.2mm dia X 6mm deep ).TO fit the new pivot axles thay must fit through the eye of the swinging arm (hence the 21.8mm dia ). Now the axle pivots have been heat treated (or not ). with a heat gun heat up the pivot mount of the frame ,till it is hot to the touch ,do not burn the paint !This sould expand the frame enough so the new pivot axles will fit all be tight ,with thread lock on the M6 bolt, do the bolt up tight while the frame is still hot ,( PLEASE MAKR SURE YOU HAVE FITTED THESE THROUGH THE EYES OF THE SWINGING ARM) .And yes the yellow round parts are the plastic thrust washers ,i would think you could make these from a milk carton or some thing like ,place two plastic thrust washers in each side ,now just slide the bearings in , do up the pinch bolts ,the jobs a good one ,good luck all let me know if you need any more info .

http://imageshack.us/a/img843/703/drag001.jpg

I just want to share the love , :facepalm:

Latest posts

Back