private message

missmyfat

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Anybody have any idea why i keep recieving emails saying i have recieved a new PM when i haven't? I have checked my inbox its not full. Just happened again logged onto forum the top bar said i have a new message so went to inbox and its not there! Grrrrrrrr :evil:

Are you using the "back" button on your browser? If so it's just that the page is cached, and you're looking at the version of the page when you DID have a new message, but you've already read it. Just reload the main page .

No was not using back button, i recieved 2 emails, logged on and nothing there, got another email logged on and it said you have 1 new message but no message in inbox! :shock:

It could be that the sender deletes it from their outbox before you read it, so it doesn't get delivered.

Not sure if it works that way though

Kestonian":29w5ztt6 said:
It could be that the sender deletes it from their outbox before you read it, so it doesn't get delivered.

Not sure if it works that way though

Appears this and the possibility that sender bins them as they are sending, maybe in error? is the most likely explanation. Done a bit of testing and that appears to be the only way I can get it to do it.

Will monitor. PM me if it happens again.

Happened to me a couple of times recently - Email says PM was recieved at say 12.00 but noting in inbox since 10.00? :?

Hey ho though :D

maybe there's a phantom flan flinger sending pm's and deleting them for a laugh.

Were this the case, I might suggest they got out more though. :)

Back