Sold Pristine 1989 Klein Top Gun frame M- $1,800

racecarjohnny

BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
Pristine 1989 Klein Top Gun frame, headset and bottom bracket/spindle. Full Restoration, Never ridden, all NOS. Size Medium. Purchased last year from the Klein expert, Sal at Great American Bicycles. Full frame prep and re-paint by former Klein Factory painter Dave Wilkins. I initially supplied Sal a full set of NOS parts and his mechanic completed the build. I took it out of the box, put it together, rode to the end of my block and back, then hung it on the wall. It has not been ridden since. Recently I've taken off the NOS components and am just selling the frame. Handle bars have a few micro scuffs from taking the components off. Klein Chain Suck protector is used. All the cable sleeves are in place and ready for your build. New Klein chain stay protector and clear cable rub protectors on the headset too. Two things have always stuck out for me on this bike- First- this is the model that introduced the MC1 handlebar stem in one piece, Second the legal battle and eventual loss to the Top Gun movie business. Google for more details. Too me makes this bike very collectable. I have two kids in college and multiple other bike projects that need funding, so I am selling a few things. Would consider a trade for similar condition elevated chainstay bike/frame in size S or M. Will ship via bike flights. $1,800 usd plus shipping costs-import taxes etc

Attachments

• Klein Top Gun 1.jpg
    Klein Top Gun 1.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Klein Top Gun 2.jpg
    Klein Top Gun 2.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Klein Top Gun 4.jpg
    Klein Top Gun 4.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Klein Top Gun 5.jpg
    Klein Top Gun 5.jpg