PRICE DROP Bontrager Racelite complete bike for sale!

jacksloan

Dirt Disciple
Price drop. Just seen the rh shifter is being a bit weird. So. £50 off for the cost of a new one, and an extra £50 off for good measure. Now only £600 for this stone cold classic!

Up for sale here for collection from London is my ‘94 (I think) Bontrager Racelite. It's a beautiful thing, and is really really nice to ride, but isn't getting the love it deserves, so could be yours...

Size Large (19"), racing green (original paintjob), with original decals. Some chips as shown in the pics, but I reckoned whoever bought it might like to choose a colour rather than me getting it powder coated myself. Frame is beautifully made in Santa Cruz, and includes the two-piece seat tube that identifies it as a pre-95 frame, as well as the machined head tube that identifies it as a Racelite. I think! There seem to be so many variations on this frame that I'm all ears if I've got any of that wrong... Frame number is 1183.

Frame includes original anti-chainsuck plate. Dropouts are original and in good nick (see pictures). Two of the four bottle cage bosses need retapping. I've tried to show the frame in detail in the photos so please check these for condition. Whilst there are paint chips, and a small amount of surface rust where the paint has been chipped in places,. there are no dents. Additional photos can be found here: https://share.icloud.com/photos/0P71gEi ... GjeSm8coeA

I bought this whilst working as a cycle mechanic, from another mechanic, who bought it new from Keith Bontrager directly, and I've ridden it very little since I bought it about 15 years ago.

SID fork probably needs a service but is working fine. I can include a shockpump with this sale for free. Decals need replacing.

Comes with black Chris King aheadset in great condition.

I've built it up with a full XT M750 groupset. Wheels are XT on Mavic X222.

Finishing kit includes a Kore seatpost, WTB saddle, Bontrager stem, Shimano SPDs etc.

Ready to ride away! Looking for £600

Attachments

• IMG_8870.jpeg
    IMG_8870.jpeg
    293.9 KB · Views: 383
  • IMG_8871.jpeg
    IMG_8871.jpeg
    216.4 KB · Views: 381
  • IMG_8872.jpeg
    IMG_8872.jpeg
    194.5 KB · Views: 380
  • IMG_8880.jpeg
    IMG_8880.jpeg
    283.9 KB · Views: 379
  • IMG_8884.jpeg
    IMG_8884.jpeg
    166.7 KB · Views: 379
  • IMG_8888.jpeg
    IMG_8888.jpeg
    97.7 KB · Views: 379
  • IMG_8882.jpeg
    IMG_8882.jpeg
    298.5 KB · Views: 381
Re:

Very nice! Always good to see another Bonty on here.

Unlikely I know...but I may be interested in the frame if you decide to split later on down the line :)

Re:

Thanks for your message. Would rather sell this complete but will keep you in the loop if that changes for any reason. It is a cracker!

Back