Pretend I'm really rich....

Re: Re:

coomber":3aus4mp7 said:
That is lovely. Can't get over a bespoke seatpost size though. 29.4? What's that about.

29.4mm is fairly common I think. Fats, Pace, IF probably loads of others.

andyz":2ur6cz2w said:
coomber":2ur6cz2w said:
That is lovely. Can't get over a bespoke seatpost size though. 29.4? What's that about.

29.4mm is fairly common I think. Fats, Pace, IF probably loads of others.

Yeah, not super obscure but generally accepted 30.9 or 31.6 for dropper posts or 27.2 if you wanna go old school and keep it skinny and flexy?

Re:

At 5ft6 would tend to agree with previous poster about conidering a 27.5.

Front suspension is ample for the type of riding described.

Re:

Blimey, thanks chaps! Go to work for a few hours and come home to all these replies.... :mrgreen:

I suppose in reality I was just thinking out loud, I'm not rich enough to buy anything new, although maybe after Christmas....who knows? But anything new just confuses me as there's so much choice now, but single speed rigid has ALWAYS appealed to me, and as that's the way I'm going with the retro stuff....maybe?

Keeping it simple also means keeping the price down too. Once I've eaten I'll have a more thorough look at your suggestions, the custom route or that lovely EWR, was it, certainly ticks a few boxes too....

Thanks again! Kaz

Re:

Why buy new?

There are many bikes, less than 3 years old, been well looked after, that you can get for less than half rrp.

After a couple of muddy rides, your brand new bike will be in the same condition

02gf74":14sm7bc8 said:
Why buy new?

There are many bikes, less than 3 years old, been well looked after, that you can get for less than half rrp.

After a couple of muddy rides, your brand new bike will be in the same condition

Likewise, if you went ss then building one up new or from a good condition frame will give you great value

coomber":13xsvux9 said:
02gf74":13xsvux9 said:
Why buy new?

Likewise, if you went ss then building one up new or from a good condition frame will give you great value

Funny you should say that....there's the Orange P7 SS on the go, and then last night, very late and aided by Jim Beam, I somehow 'acquired' an interesting single speed frame on the 'bay for....not much money.... :facepalm:

Thinking about it, I wouldn't buy new, as I wouldn't with a car, a few years old and not used much, maybe, as that, as said, is a much better bet.

Well it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the frame in question had somthing to do with the word Special :LOL: ..

Back